Terra Incognita Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra Incognita Preview

Newest preview off kickstarter. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01...p1b1J3ODg/view

So what did people think? Comments and critiques? General thoughts go here

As I commented on the update itself: the fact this material was missing from the original Scion: Hero is the biggest reason I never made it passed the first book. Glad this information is included from the beginning and would love to see a whole supplement going into more detail.

"The Man and the Beast are having an amiable picnic in that Savage’s head. It’s rather disturbing." - Blood and Smoke: the Strix Chronicle, pg. 22

Member of the Circle of Five Gaming Group

Comment

Very cool stuff, but where's the Nejter, Kami, Manitou, Orisha, and Teotl content?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

i strongly think that this is just a summory to makes understand what the terra incognita are

I believe that every pantheon will have his terra incognita section, that's why in this bunch of pages there are just few of em

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
          i strongly think that this is just a summory to makes understand what the terra incognita are

I believe that every pantheon will have his terra incognita section, that's why in this bunch of pages there are just few of em
          ​I agree. There's no way this is the entirety of the "Terra Incognita" section of Demigod. This is just a summation of what we'll see in the finished product. A little taste of things to come.

​And a damn nice taste it was! Loved this update! I agree with JSM3050: this kind of stuff should've been front and center in 1E. This Scion World already feels so much more mythic and interesting than anything 1E ever did.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
          Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Rather cool, but Why are neverborn in Scion now? How they belong into mythology? H|ow they connect to greater whole? and why do we actually need them.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              Very cool stuff, but where's the Nejter, Kami, Manitou, Orisha, and Teotl content?
              It looks like the stuff for them will be in their pantheon sections, based on what we've seen of the previews so far. Though the Teotl's one was a bit emptier than the Netjer or Theoi previews on what is actually happening in a given godrealm, but that might have been a space concern or author difference.

Comment

I find it very difficult to read. There are too many specific deithic words. I know it's an introduction but i find it very vague about how the world actually work, the first paragraphs are wtf for me (i'm not a native english speaker though).

Comment

That was a very interesting read! The only real issue I have with it is that it is establishing some very solid 'rules' for how a lot of the cosmology will function which I would be very hesitant about. Several of the more definitive statements are going to need to be reneged on with the inclusion of some Pantheons, or alter the Pantheon to fit into the system. The better option in my mind would to be either vaguer, or deal with things on a more one to one basis.

So, for example, the idea that Primordials dwelling in the Underworld do not manifest Forms, and are the "unmaking of essential things," would cause exceptionally hard clashes with the Hittite Pantheon who have Primordials (literally the Primeval Gods, separate from the two dynasties of Deities fighting over the throne, what are essentially Titans, and Gods) who are manifested in anthropomorphic forms, living in the Underworld during an eternal party hosted by the Underworld Goddess. They are not focused on negative or anti-concepts, Ishtushataya and Papaya for example are Primordials of Fate, and they live in the Underworld. Ubelluri, a colossal Primeval God upon which all of creation is built also resides in the Underworld, and he is a very relaxed, overwhelmingly powerful, but helpful figure who is physically personified. Nara-Napshara, some sort of Primeval God linked with Animals is at the eternal party and helps out his brother Aya when asked.

With that, the Pantheon would either have exceptions to these 'rules' built into them, or the writers would be forced to deviate the Pantheon from their reality to fit into the 'system' which would be problematic. It could be totally solved just by being a bit more vague though.

Only other things I can think of are to do with the Irish. The Fomorians were never imprisoned, and if they were it probably wouldn't be underwater, but in their native homes, islands somewhere out to sea. The Tuatha probably wouldn't claim Camelot, but the Welsh Gods totally would. The Tuatha have no connection to Camelot, while the Welsh Gods brush shoulders with some of the very early Arthurian figures.

I am curious as to who the "Three and Three" are, discussed in the Doggerland section. My immediate thought was Eriu, Banba, Fodla, Mac Cecht, Mac Cuill, and Mac Greine since it fits the theme of Three Gods and Three Goddesses. But, it doesn't sync up very well with the suggested chronology. It could be Cessair, Partholon, and Nemed, but they all arrived at different times.

Edit: Oh, also, I love the inclusion that Titans can be imprisoned in non-Underworld locals, it really helps with a lot of issues.
                  Last edited by Watcher; 01-27-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

We'll see how closely interrelated the Tuatha de Danann and the Plant Don are (considering they're claiming descent from the same Primordial.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                    X