No announcement yet.

Historical settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to start a Wild West Scion game, that would explore characters growth to godhood over the course of a couple centuries.

But my main game was approaching futuristic themes with the end of the World and plans to colonize Mars.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      I think that they (Onx Path) were considering doing an Arthurian England/Wales book.
      More considering a book about the Welsh pantheon, the Plant Don, and Arthurian myth

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        War of the Roses with the Plant Don throwing backing the Plantagenents, especially once Henry raises the Red Dragon, and the Aesir backing the Yorks - a connection that goes back to the days of the Danelaw.
        That would be pretty cool, I think. But then I'm a history nerd.

Comment

It's not really historical, but I think a setting where you straight up play as the gods during the 1st Titan War would be cool.
          Last edited by Crying; 02-06-2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Historical settings I think would have worked for Scion:
            * The Bronze Age in all it's sophisticated beauty and cutthroat viciousness. Harpists, god-rulers, letters written in cuneiform and glorious chariots.
            * The Hellenistic period, because the oikumene is suddenly huge and all those diverse cultures are honestly trying to learn more about each other and the world.
            * The Age of Discovery. Enough exploration and action to satisfy the most discerning gaming group.
            * The Bronze Age.
            * The viking age, because it's literally impossible to make it boring.
            * Japan during the Warring States period (Sengoku Jidai). A bit more open than the Heian (which is still too lovely for words), plus enough badass figures to make your head spin.
            * Did I already mention the Bronze Age?
            Last edited by Xanthias; 02-05-2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I never got it off the ground, but I've always wanted a roaring 1920s-era Scion game, mixing myths, pulp heroics, and Scion's signature "magical elements in totally secular places" flare. Consider:
              • A creepy snake cult right out of Howard, in the torrid vales of... southern Appalachia.
              • A grisly string of murders among London socialites, as a rogue Egyptologist seeks to make himself into a mummy to avert a wrathful curse.
              • Averting Fatebinding using esoteric costumes and aliases.
              • Brash, barbaric warriors who seek to carve out new nations with nothing but their own might in war-torn central Europe.
              • Fey who use flight and glamour to commit incredible crimes on moving trains.
              • Scientists find the broken body of a forgotten Titan, which proceeds to go all Lovecraft on everybody.
              • Insane weather and freak co-incidences across East Asia as the members of the Celestial Bureaucracy back different factions of the Chinese civil war.
              • And the long shadows of a recent war - how did it stir supernatural forces to such new vigor?
              I've also considered, though in a little less depth, concepts for a game in the 1880s, with the last days of the American West, the Europe of Wells and Verne, and struggles with colonialism across the world.
              Last edited by Chejop Kejak; 02-14-2017, 09:40 AM.

Here is a koan: what is Exalted without hate? What is life without suffering? What is philosophy without pretension?

Comment

I'm pondering the idea of Scion in early 1800 America, drawing heavily on stuff like The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Rip Van Winkle, Johnny Appleseed, High John the Conquerer, Juan Bobo, Brother Jonathan, the Jersey Devil and the like, perhaps involving the birth or childhood of Marie Laveau and a young Davy Crockett.

Comment

I think something set around 270 BC would be interesting. The Hellenistic kingdoms are starting to decline [can anybody say Theoi vs The World Round 2?] and Rome is starting to rise [which is either the Theoi activating 'Rule the World' Plan B or a promising pantheon about to get swallowed up into the Theoi]. The situation is ripe for some Scions to run around and fuck with the course of history.

Comment

Working...
                  X