How can i make a Lifesteal power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i make a Lifesteal power?

My Gm has permitted that we made some powers(we are using a pantheon created for this campaign), and as son of Camar, the god of Death i wanted to make something that causes damage and heals, but as i tried to make the power i saw that it's quite delicate the line between balanced and broken.
    I have searched in wod books for anything like this and haven't found. Is really viable do something like that?

Easily done with the Health or Death purviews.

Maybe some kind of martyrdom ability that allows you to transfer your injury onto another person, causing them to suffer in your place?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleras View Post
      My Gm has permitted that we made some powers(we are using a pantheon created for this campaign), and as son of Camar, the god of Death i wanted to make something that causes damage and heals, but as i tried to make the power i saw that it's quite delicate the line between balanced and broken.
      I have searched in wod books for anything like this and haven't found. Is really viable do something like that?
      Presuming you are working with 1e RAW, you could do it. It would totally be up to your ST however as Scion doesn't normally have a lot of free-form powers such as that. If you want to make a custom power similar to it, I would suggest not looking at WoD for examples since Scion is very different and it might cause some undue difficulties. The most basic avenue to do it that I can think of is playing around with Self-Healing, the Epic Stamina Knack, and Heal/Infect (Health 3) as the basis for your idea.

The power you want would probably be fairly costly to do, just to keep it in balance with other powers. If you wanted to damage someone and heal at the same time, you would normally take a dual action, attack, and use Self-Healing. So, that's 1 Legend per Lethal restored, and then whatever the cost of your attack is, -2 dice due to being a dual action. You might be able to ask your ST if they would be alright with you mixing Heal/Infect together so that you deal half Successes, heal half? The issue with doing it this way is it could only be used 1/Scene since Health only allows its Boons to be used once per target per Scene in order to balance it out compared to Epic Stamina's healing, and also breaks Health's "no self-healing" rule.

So, you probably need to sit down with your ST and go over it carefully. Custom powers are tricky in Scion. It also most likely would not be a power you could start play with depending on how it is balanced. If you can start play with it, it would be very, very weak or very expensive to use.

Comment

It's a good ideia haven't thought of it, maybe something like

7 + injuries = difficulty of the test
        for each 2 successes i can pass a lvl of damage to the target

Comment

Originally posted by Aleras View Post
          It's a good ideia haven't thought of it, maybe something like

7 + injuries = difficulty of the test
          for each 2 successes i can pass a lvl of damage to the target
          So, it would be something like this? (Using Bold to note undefined areas, nothing to worry about)

Boon-Name
          Cost: X
          Range: X
          Dice Pool: Attribute + Ability
          A Scion using this Boon may draw sickness or injury out of their own being, and impart it into another. To do this, the Scion rolls Attribute + Ability with a base number of Successes needed being Seven. For every threshold Success, the Scion heals a point of (Bashing/Lethal/Aggravated) damage. However, alternatively, a Scion may chose to allocate two of their Threshold Successes into shifting a point of healed (Bashing/Lethal/Aggravated) from their self onto a target. The Scion may move as many points of damage as they have Successes available both to heal, and to transfer damage.

So, that could work, but it's really powerful. At base, compared to Heal/Infect (Health 3) it would need to have a cost of 1 legend to only heal/inflict Bashing damage. 1 legend + 1 Willpower to heal/inflict lethal. Inflicting or healing Aggravated is a much bigger deal and would cost a lot more, and be up in the Demigod-tier. Now, the only issue is this power would need to have a limitation on it so that it wasn't just a better version of Heal/Infect. Heal/Infect can only target a single being once per Scene, and this power is automatically better since it can heal the self, which Heal/Infect can't do. However, since this power can't heal others, that should be an alright exchange. The big difficulty is this power is overcoming the normal limitation that Heal/Infect labors under since the damage of the Boon can't be resisted in any way.

What Rank are you looking to make this power? Essentially, the higher Rank (1 - 10) it is, the more powerful it could be. At the moment, with an adjusted cost, it is probably looking like Rank 4 or Rank 5. So, usable at Legend 5 or Legend 6 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

Presuming you are working with 1e RAW, you could do it. It would totally be up to your ST however as Scion doesn't normally have a lot of free-form powers such as that. If you want to make a custom power similar to it, I would suggest not looking at WoD for examples since Scion is very different and it might cause some undue difficulties. The most basic avenue to do it that I can think of is playing around with Self-Healing, the Epic Stamina Knack, and Heal/Infect (Health 3) as the basis for your idea.

The power you want would probably be fairly costly to do, just to keep it in balance with other powers. If you wanted to damage someone and heal at the same time, you would normally take a dual action, attack, and use Self-Healing. So, that's 1 Legend per Lethal restored, and then whatever the cost of your attack is, -2 dice due to being a dual action. You might be able to ask your ST if they would be alright with you mixing Heal/Infect together so that you deal half Successes, heal half? The issue with doing it this way is it could only be used 1/Scene since Health only allows its Boons to be used once per target per Scene in order to balance it out compared to Epic Stamina's healing, and also breaks Health's "no self-healing" rule.

So, you probably need to sit down with your ST and go over it carefully. Custom powers are tricky in Scion. It also most likely would not be a power you could start play with depending on how it is balanced. If you can start play with it, it would be very, very weak or very expensive to use.

Wouldn't be for start, we are making a list of powers that we thought that fits the way the characters have envolved with the gods and pantheon as a whole

Comment

I was seeing if it was possible, being Death's son, now that I can see in system how it would work properly i give it a minimum of 4 to it.. maybe even 6

Comment

Working...
              X