Release Date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Date

I know this is probably somewhere, but I am at a loss. Has the release date for the 1st two Scion books been stated yet?

May 2017 for the PDFs, and October 2017 for the physical books, unless something has happened since the KS finished.

Comment

Cool graduation gift for myself then, thanks.

Comment

Just remember that the KS projections are not actually official release dates. They're estimates. Onyx Path is getting better at making estimates that are reliable, but shit can always go sideways. Scion's books are still in red lines on the Monday Meeting list, which does not leave a lot of room for any SNAFU to hit those dates.

Comment

At least OPP can handle all the approvals in-house and the books are only about 360 pages total, so they won't need as much art as Ex3 did. That'll speed up some of the process.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
          [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
          [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Absolutely. I don't think Scion still being in red-lines is a sign that May 2017 is out of bounds for getting the advanced backer PDFs out.

However, all it takes is any of a number of hold ups to push things back. Even a few pieces of art needing to be recommissioned can mean a few weeks of delays alone.

Comment

If we don't have something out in May 2017, I will personally run a Skype game as a graduation gift. A gift of apology.

(but we'll have something out)

Neall Raemonn Price
              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                If we don't have something out in May 2017, I will personally run a Skype game as a graduation gift. A gift of apology.

(but we'll have something out)
                Awesome

Comment

On this subject, I showed up a bit too late to back the KS, so I'm wondering: Is May the release date for an early backer PDF, or is that when it's generally available for purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by CreepyShutIn View Post
                    On this subject, I showed up a bit too late to back the KS, so I'm wondering: Is May the release date for an early backer PDF, or is that when it's generally available for purchase?
                    That's the estimated date from the Kickstarter for the Backer PDF. Thanks!

Comment

. . .I regret everything.

Specifically not Kickstarting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Enokh View Post
                        . . .I regret everything.

Specifically not Kickstarting this.
                        Eh, if the post-KS Backer release for this is anything like it was for the Ex3 kickstarter, then there'll be people who kicked at the "Multiple PDF Copies" tier who'll pop in and go "OKAY I'VE GOT AN EXTRA PDF WHO WANTS IT?!" and the like.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

My primary regret is not getting it May, rather than never getting it. I'll end up buying it for sure.

Comment

If the backer pdf is done in May, the general pdf/pod option for everyone else is probably going to be out 1-2 months later depending on how much errata and revision ends up happening. It's usually not a big gap between the advanced release and the final release. Though Scion might on the longer side as two books at the same time.

Comment

Speaking of release dates. When is the companion coming into all this?

Comment

Working...
                              X