No announcement yet.

Cicada Incorporated (A Titan Cult idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicada Incorporated (A Titan Cult idea)

This is a new idea for a titan cult. Cicada Incorporated is a corporation based in London, England that specializes in pharmaceuticals. They serve Cethlenn and pretty much are enemies of the scions of the Tuatha. They do operations to aid the formorians and are planning something much more sinister. They want ot harvest the blood of Scions and place it in their medicine for use by their clients. What do you guys think?

I'm always in favor of story options that involve Scions potentially being captured and used as some kind of commodity by a shady organization. It's kind of a modern spin on the classic "Captured by a monster that wants to eat you" story.

​Depending on how they work when we finally get to see them, you may want to include Sorcerers in Cicada's ranks. They're supposed to have some kind of ability to steal power from the gods, so if any mortals can figure out how to capture and exploit Scions, they're the prime candidates.

​The only criticism I may have? Cicada? Not exactly a creature that has anything to do with Irish myth (that I'm aware of.) If they specifically serve the Fomorians, then you may want a name that somehow hints at their affiliations.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by unnatural1 View Post
      I'm always in favor of story options that involve Scions potentially being captured and used as some kind of commodity by a shady organization. It's kind of a modern spin on the classic "Captured by a monster that wants to eat you" story.

​Depending on how they work when we finally get to see them, you may want to include Sorcerers in Cicada's ranks. They're supposed to have some kind of ability to steal power from the gods, so if any mortals can figure out how to capture and exploit Scions, they're the prime candidates.

​The only criticism I may have? Cicada? Not exactly a creature that has anything to do with Irish myth (that I'm aware of.) If they specifically serve the Fomorians, then you may want a name that somehow hints at their affiliations.
      Yeah, Cicada is not exactly the best name for Formorian servants. Do you have any suggestions? Also, adding in Sorcerers in upper management is a good idea.

Comment

Baylor Pharma? Too obvious?

Comment

Dian Medical?

Named such in mockery of the god who forged a silver hand for Nuada's severed limb?
          Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-07-2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I like the Dian Medical name. The next course of action is determining why they are serving Cethlenn. Also, the board could probably have one titanspawn in it. Are their spawn smart enough to be a business man?

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
              I like the Dian Medical name. The next course of action is determining why they are serving Cethlenn. Also, the board could probably have one titanspawn in it. Are their spawn smart enough to be a business man?

It varies. Titanspawn come in several different types. The ones called 'minions' are capable of functioning as a self sustaining race, and include the likes of Dwarves, who gained free will with the death of Ymir. Other examples include the Medusa, Harpies, Shinobi and Tengu.

Giants are somewhat intelligent, but generally not to the same level as minions, unless they're really old and powerful.

The least intelligent Titanspawn are the Chimera, who have mostly bestial intelligence and spend their time going on constant rampages.
              Last edited by Nyrufa; 03-08-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

​Fomorians vary wildly in Irish mythology. Some of them just seem like brutish thugs with minimal intelligence, but others can be beautiful and quite sophisticated. Heck, a few of the Tuatha actually married a Fomorian or two. Brigid being probably the most notable. (It should be noted that it wasn't a particularly HAPPY union, in most cases.)

​I'd say you could easily justify an intelligent, business-savvy Fomorian.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

The Fomori are pretty much exactly as smart, and functional as one of the Tuatha de Danann. (So, you might get some idiots and some utterly incompetent people, but for the most part they're roughly human-like in their intelligence) They have Bards, Druids, Kings, and presumably all the other social classes of Irish tradition. The trickiest thing a Fomori would have being a business man or woman is their propensity for being either malformed or mutilated (it is never clear which. In Balor's case we know his eye is not something he was born with) which might make their lives more difficult in such a position as it would for a mortal. However, as Unnatural1 pointed out, some of the Fomori are beautiful and lovely, so one of these could prove a good face to a company.
                  Last edited by Watcher; 03-08-2017, 09:56 AM. Reason: Details

Comment

I think I might make a Formorian a board member. I wonder what evil schemes besides harvesting Scion blood could the board think up. Perhaps they could try to resurrect Balor for his wife. Also, they could try hunting The White Stag.

Comment

Working...
                    X