Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which gods and goddesses do you want added to existing pantheons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gods and goddesses do you want added to existing pantheons?

I'm aware it's a little early for this, but since we have seen the write-ups for a few of the pantheons, I think now is as reasonable a time as ever to start this discussion. Now, beyond the obvious troubles with conflation within the Egyptian pantheon, one deity I'd like to see added to the Teotl is Xolotl. He was mentioned twice in the write-ups of other gods, and is just a really interesting deity in general. I mean, just look at the guy. ​http://amrock.deviantart.com/art/Xolotl-334675937

[screams about Het-Heru and Sekhmet]

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

The minors greeks gods (nike, hypno, morpheo etcetc)

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
        The minors greeks gods (nike, hypno, morpheo etcetc)
        That reminde me: I'd love to see Cybele/Magna Mater, both for her interesting divine aspects and to see where she (as an Anatolian goddess imported from Greece and to Rome from there) would be sorted Pantheon-wise.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Nephthys- I really like her, and she is always mentioned besides the great gods of Egypt, so she is undoubtedly at the top of my list.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P

Comment

I forget, is Hesta listed in the Greek one? She's always been my hands down favorite of the pantheon for some odd reason. Maybe because she's the only one who doesn't act like a jerk.

Also, Iris, Hebe and Hecate.

The Loa Loco and Ayizan (he of healing and plants, she of commerce and the marketplace)

Tsukuyomi.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              I forget, is Hesta listed in the Greek one? She's always been my hands down favorite of the pantheon for some odd reason. Maybe because she's the only one who doesn't act like a jerk.
              Yep, Hestia's listed.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Tlazolteotl for the Aztecs. Nephthys for the Egyptians.

Comment

Personally I would like Eros, if only because I find the idea of the god of love being seen as one of the most terrifying things in all of the greek world. And to be fair, how many Tragedies can be traced back to Eros and his bow? Just about all of them. Plus I always loved the story where Ares mocked Eros for having a small javelin instead of a great spear like his, and when Eros asked Ares to hold the Javelin, it slammed his hand against the ground and he was pinned their for some days as Eros wondered off chuckling. I just think Eros is a cool god.

Comment

Wasn't the Greek signature character from 1st ed kind of-sort of meant to invoke Eros? For some reason I always had that impression.

Eris and Harmonia would also be interesting additions to the Greeks. As would Adrestia (either as a stand alone or as part of Nemesis).

Wadjet, Serket, Neith and Shezmu for the Egyptians.

And for the Japanese, Tenjin, Kagu-tsuchi and Seidai Myojin (who is the god of sports, which is quite frankly awesome)

Comment

For the Greeks, Demeter, Hecate, Hestia, Iris, Leto, Asteria, Ganymede, and, since he was widely worshiped as a god, Heracles.

For the Egyptians, Nephthys (a major figure), Hathor, Sekmet, and Bes, the most widely worshiped God ignored.

For the Aztecs, Citlalicue (goddess of Female stars) , Toci (healer goddess) and Xochipilli (god of pleasure and fun), The Aztecs need their nicer side.

For the Norse, just bring some in from the Ragnarok book.

For the Loas, Oyo (goddess of wind, rain, and lesibans), Oshun (Goddess of Mystery, sweet water, healing, honey, brass, the unknown and unknowable, and dance) and Yemalda (Goddess of the seas, fish, fishing, and mercy.)

For the Japanese Ame-no-Uzume-Mikoto, (Goddess of the Dawn and Mirth, and the one who can get Amaterasu to act like a grown-up) and Omoikane (as the god of intelligence and wisdom, he's aways needed).

For the Irish, Fódla, Creidhne, and Airmed, (they'd add some variety)

For the Devas, Saraswati, Mariamman, Mitra, and Varuna.

I don't know the Persian or Chinese gods well enough to ask for individuals.

I'd like to see Mother Goose, Merlin, and a few other major folkloric figures written up as Scions or Lesser Immortals.

Note: I forgot the Japanese Goddess of Light and Illusion from Scion companion, Marishen, or something like that. She needs to go in.
                      Last edited by Astromancer; 04-21-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                        For the Greeks, Demeter, Hecate, Hestia, Iris, Leto, Asteria, Ganymede, and, since he was widely worshiped as a god, Heracles.

For the Egyptians, Nephthys (a major figure), Hathor, Sekmet, and Bes, the most widely worshiped God ignored.

For the Aztecs, Citlalicue (goddess of Female stars) , Toci (healer goddess) and Xochipilli (god of pleasure and fun), The Aztecs need their nicer side.

For the Norse, just bring some in from the Ragnarok book.

For the Loas, Oyo (goddess of wind, rain, and lesibans), Oshun (Goddess of Mystery, sweet water, healing, honey, brass, the unknown and unknowable, and dance) and Yemalda (Goddess of the seas, fish, fishing, and mercy.)

For the Japanese Ame-no-Uzume-Mikoto, (Goddess of the Dawn and Mirth, and the one who can get Amaterasu to act like a grown-up) and Omoikane (as the god of intelligence and wisdom, he's aways needed).

For the Irish, Fódla, Creidhne, and Airmed, (they'd add some variety)

For the Devas, Saraswati, Mariamman, Mitra, and Varuna.

I don't know the Persian or Chinese gods well enough to ask for individuals.

I'd like to see Mother Goose, Merlin, and a few other major folkloric figures written up as Scions or Lesser Immortals.
                        Demeter, Hestia, Xochipilli and Oya are already confirmed to be in. Also, I'd be really surprised if Sarasvati didn't make the cut. Totally in favour of the other Deva choices though

Comment

Sun Wukong is pretty much guaranteed to be in the Shen, I think it's safe to say.

​Come to think of it? The Shen have Sun Wukong. The Devas have Hanuman. Is there any connection between the two that we know of? Could we theoretically have TWO trickster monkey gods? Or will one end up being a Mantle of the other?

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                          Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Nemesis from the Greeks

Comment

I'd like to see Pan, preferably without making him Marsyas and Satan as well.
                              I'd also like to add my support for the addition of Bes for the Egyptians.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                              Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Working...
                              X