Pantheon Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantheon Question

I'm curious. If there a Pantheon that claims Puerto Rico? Either the Aztecs or the Loa?

Depends on if you want an already established pantheon or not. If it already needs to be in the game, the Loa would be your closest fit. The island really should be part of the Zemi, the pantheon for the native Taino people of the Greater Antilles.

Comment

Originally posted by Center-of-All View Post
      Depends on if you want an already established pantheon or not. If it already needs to be in the game, the Loa would be your closest fit. The island really should be part of the Zemi, the pantheon for the native Taino people of the Greater Antilles.
      The Zemi? Where can I find out more about them?

Comment

Talking about the pantheons that belong the manual i think that puerto rico could be a "divided" land between Greeks (for columbus) and azlanti

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
          Talking about the pantheons that belong the manual i think that puerto rico could be a "divided" land between Greeks (for columbus) and azlanti
          What does an Italian Catholic have to do with the Theoi?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

I'd really like to see the Zemi included at some point, but I'm concerned that they're too obscure even for this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
              I'd really like to see the Zemi included at some point, but I'm concerned that they're too obscure even for this game.
              Given that the devs have spoken about the Guarani gods, nothing is too niche.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

What does an Italian Catholic have to do with the Theoi?

Columbus was a traveler, a curious mind, almost a scientific mind not such a great catholic

What i mean is: He's an italian traveler blessed by the greek/roman gods, pushed to the west to expand the area of influence of the pantheon

Comment

Hmm. I'm now imagining a bunch of native Puerto Rican Heroes, each from different pantheons, who argue and compete over who should be the island's official champion.

An interesting (to me, at least) aside about Columbus; Orson Scott Card's Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus posited that his original destiny was to rally and lead a new Crusade against the Ottoman Turks in the wake of the fall of Constantinople, until time travelers meddled in order to prevent the global dominance of a brutal Tlaxcalan empire. In Scion, I have this image of said plot being the result of some sort of power struggle between the Greek, Aztec and one or more other pantheons.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

The Òrìshà have a lot of worshippers in Puerto Rican Lukumí and Palo. If we had more wordcount, we could probably add an Igbo Pantheon to the Afro-Atlantic confederation.

Currently Writing Scion and Geist for Onyx Path, and many other things for other publishers
                    Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by Aazen View Post
                      The Zemi? Where can I find out more about them?
                      I pretty much have no idea, but I looked around a bit, and there were a lot of good critiques for this book? https://books.google.de/books?id=7S1...QPAdgQ6AEIHTAA

Comment

Well. That's an idea for a chronicle:

Puerto Rico is the battleground for the azlanti, Greeks, and loa as they duke it out for the territory because the oracles say a scion will kill a Titian there.

Comment

If you ever pass through Manhattan and you visit the 6 train stop at 110th Street and Lexington Avenue, you'll see a set of four mosaics on the walls entitled "Sabado en la Ciento Diez" ("Saturday on 110th Street"), by Puerto Rican artist Manuel Vega. Two of the mosaics depict Ṣàngó and Yemọja of the Òrìṣà (or as they call them in PR, Changó and Yemayá of the Orichás).

Currently Writing Scion and Geist for Onyx Path, and many other things for other publishers
                          Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by Lula View Post
                            If you ever pass through Manhattan and you visit the 6 train stop at 110th Street and Lexington Avenue, you'll see a set of four mosaics on the walls entitled "Sabado en la Ciento Diez" ("Saturday on 110th Street"), by Puerto Rican artist Manuel Vega. Two of the mosaics depict Ṣàngó and Yemọja of the Òrìṣà (or as they call them in PR, Changó and Yemayá of the Orichás).

I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with them. What pantheon are they and where can I find them, crunch wise? Beautiful Mural though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aazen View Post
                              I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with them. What pantheon are they and where can I find them, crunch wise? Beautiful Mural though.
                              The Orisha are the Pantheon of the Yoruban people of modern day Nigeria, believe sort of central-coastal area. In the crook of the nation's bend. The Orisha form the vast bulk of the Loa, transitioning across the sea, picking up some Deities from neighboring people, fracturing their Deity named Eshu into Kalfu and Legba, as well as the entirely new face of Baron Samedi who has no known roots in pre-Triangle Trade Africa.

Comment

Working...
                              X