No announcement yet.

American Gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that finale didn't go at all in the direction I expected (which is a good thing, means it wasn't predictable) but holy shit Wednesday's plan with Easter is high tier dickery. So I guess pretty good for Odin.

Comment

Fucking chills.

i loved all the final speach

and i loved jesus.

Comment

Best sum up of all Gods from Tv Series...

And those that still will come to the screen...

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Now I'm all caught up to the series, I'm itching to tell some stories of my own. I hope 2e comes out soon!

Comment

As Season 2 is coming near and dear - premier on March 10th of this year - I return to topic. Here is first scene of Season 2 shown to us...

However, I'm a bit worried over production problems series had in last year.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

And on general idea of TV series translation to Scion 2E - All of portrayed Gods seems to be Incarnations, not Scions, of themselves. I.E. They connect to Mantle and so have general memories and abilities of their mythological 'source Gods'.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Dwelling deeper in my season 1 rewatch - I think right that Shadow Moon becomes de facto Chosen Scion of Odin, by his 'friendship' with him, yes?

And if we are at the Odin in the series - He has new Purview in book/TV series, beside those pointed in Scion: Hero - in American Gods he clearly has Sky Purview, as he also is portrayed as God of Weather. ( Even than Sky Boons not work with the powers he shows in series, like calling storms, wind and snow. )

And, generally, in plot is greatly show his Deception Purview, as he is ( in part ) trickster god.

glamourweaver, you create American Gods setting hack for Scion, right?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  And if we are at the Odin in the series - He has new Purview in book/TV series, beside those pointed in Scion: Hero - in American Gods he clearly has Sky Purview, as he also is portrayed as God of Weather. ( Even than Sky Boons not work with the powers he shows in series, like calling storms, wind and snow. )
                  Lemmie tell you about a thing called 'Artistic Liberty'.

A bit more seriously, from my admittedly limited knowledge of Odin and the Eddas, I can't think of an instance where Odin demonstrates any kind of special innate power pertaining to the sky and weather. And citing American Gods as a reason for that is like trying to take your advice of the Devi Kali from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

(Spoiler: Don't do that.)

Also also, conjuring a storm with the Sky Purview could be done with a special Boon if you want to do it regularly (as the game in no way claims that its list of Boons is exhaustive, thus giving players special permission to make their own Boons as needed), or if you do it occasionally that would be an Upheaval Marvel through use of the Sky Purview.
                  Last edited by Kyman201; 01-24-2019, 08:13 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

When does Wednesday do anything sky related in the book?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Well Odin has the deception purview and i once heard someone say that you could replicate any purview with a deception marvel provided you are persuasive enough. Can't recall who said that tho :P

Alternatively, you could have an attacking marvel with the fortune purview appearing as lightning falling on your enemies.

My point is, while sky is the most direct weather purview, its not impossible to manipulate the weather through other means.

Currently running: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes
                      Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.

Comment

glamourweaver, you create American Gods setting hack for Scion, right?
                        I’m working on a setting Shard that’s a homage to American Gods. It isn’t a straight adaptation of the exact setting. But it’s lower “mythic” level than the World, where all Scions are Incarnate (there are no higher divinities), and there’s a “modernism” pantheon at odds with the old gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
                          So that finale didn't go at all in the direction I expected (which is a good thing, means it wasn't predictable) but holy shit Wednesday's plan with Easter is high tier dickery. So I guess pretty good for Odin.
                          Possible that’s part of the reported issues Gaiman was upset about.

Best I can rationalize it with the book’s themes is that it corresponds the dependents of American agriculture on immigrant labor and how the system actually collapses when you remove said workers from the labor pool.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                            When does Wednesday do anything sky related in the book?
                            He 'made' Shadow to make snow in Chicago, by making him think about snow a lot. ( Before 'bank robbery'. ) If snow was effect of Shadow actions or his believe in Wednesday - is not clear.

Wednesday also make storm in Chicago when taking oldest Zoraya on walk - but I'm not remembering this scene from book.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

He 'made' Shadow to make snow in Chicago, by making him think about snow a lot. ( Before 'bank robbery'. ) If snow was effect of Shadow actions or his believe in Wednesday - is not clear.
                              I think that was pretty clearly Shadow.

I don’t think the Zorya and Wednesday scene was in the book. IIRC we remained pretty firmly with Shadow’s pov through that period of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                                I think that was pretty clearly Shadow.
                                Related question on Scion 2E rules - Can Hero Scion make Marvels, based on Purviews then? Like ( possibly ) Shadow using Sky Purview from Odin in this scene?

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X