No announcement yet.

American Gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I might add that it may be within Odin's ability to use Fortune as a Marvel and mess with the various probabilities and instances that would need to come together to create a snow storm, or to encourage Shadow to do the same with his emerging power. After all, the skies were already pretty bad. A probability nudge here and there is all it would take to make it snow, so really all Shadow was doing by continually saying and visualising 'snow' was nudging things toward what he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

Related question on Scion 2E rules - Can Hero Scion make Marvels, based on Purviews then? Like ( possibly ) Shadow using Sky Purview from Odin in this scene?
      Odin is not involved in that Marvel except for giving Shadow directions what to do.

Of course Hero PCs can make Marvels. That’s why there are Marvel rules in the Hero book. They just need access to the Purview in some capacity (Innate, Relic, or Guide) and to perform a Motif. That’s what Marvels are for, to pull off a creative one-off miracle within your Purviews that you don’t have a Boon for.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Can Shadow Moon from American Gods been Scion of other god than Odin? Interesting story/theory how can Chosen Scion be created. Or maybe he is Incarnated?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Can Shadow Moon from American Gods been Scion of other god than Odin? Interesting story/theory how can Chosen Scion be created. Or maybe he is Incarnated?

It's been yonks since I've read American Gods, but if what I remember about him is right...

Well remember, a Scion can quite easily go "Well FUCK YOU" and turn against their Patron. In Scion Game terms, I would run this as a Scion of Odin who actively goes against him, and has Paths and Connections that mention this.

Chief amongst them: Get a Guide or two that oppose Odin. Maybe this hypothetical Odin-hater has the Norns as a Guide, and has embraced the role of Agent and Enforcer of Wyrd to make sure that Ragnarok falls squarely down on Odin's head.

I mean Odin kinda deserves that kind of antagonist after him. Fuck, that's actually a pretty good concept.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Neil Gaiman announced the 3rd season of American Gods - also the trailer for the season in the article! https://www.ign.com/articles/america...?sf131240617=1
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-24-2021, 07:45 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I will not be watching given the treatment of Orlando Jones after he CARRIED Season 2.

Comment

Indeed; I'll just quote myself from another thread.

If Jonesis telling the truth, then the showrunner fired him because of dialogue the writers came up with for him. Whether or not you agree that "Angry gets shit done" is a message Black Americans need right now, Jones didn't write his character's lines.

​If the showrunneris telling the truth, then suddenly the show gives a shit about where the book says the characters are at a given point in the story, after two whole seasons of expanding the roles of lesser characters, introducing new characters altogether, and creating new beats in the story for the characters to interact. Mad Sweeney​ - a character who's only present in the book to fight Shadow, give him a magic coin, and drink himself to death later - is in half the episodes of Season 1, but Mr. Nancy​ can't be in any episodes in Season 3, because "the book says so?"
                ​(And, for the record, I think we need to get angrier.)

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  Indeed; I'll just quote myself from another thread.

​(And, for the record, I think we need to get angrier.)

I agree with your conclusion, though Jones did write a lot of his Season 2 lines because the show was in such chaos. They had to get him guild membership to not get in union trouble given how much writing he was doing on set.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    I agree with your conclusion, though Jones did write a lot of his Season 2 lines because the show was in such chaos. They had to get him guild membership to not get in union trouble given how much writing he was doing on set.
                    I genuinely wasn’t aware of that, but that doesn’t especially make the decision to remove him less shitty.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      I genuinely wasn’t aware of that, but that doesn’t especially make the decision to remove him less shitty.

Oh definitely - like I said, he carried the show in Season 2.

Comment

#AmericanGods S03E03 – Episode starts by great summoning of Demeter by 'faithful Christians'... 😎 It sounds a lot like what core, vanilla Scion 2E setting describes, with Theoi worship in Vatican, etc.

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

#AmericanGods S03E03 – Episode starts by great summoning of Demeter by 'faithful Christians'... 😎 It sounds a lot like what core, vanilla Scion 2E setting describes, with Theoi worship in Vatican, etc.
                          Demeter was a saint on the Eastern Orthodox calendar.

Comment

#AmericanGods S03E04 - Do I understand correctly the episode that Bilquis is the incarnation of Oshun? It was not in the book... However, english wikipedia on Oshun sheds light how they can be the same being:
                            'Oshun is an important river deity among the Yorùbá people. She is the goddess of divinity, femininity, fertility, beauty and love. She is connected to destiny and divination.
                            During the life of the mortal Osun, she served as queen consort to King Shango of Oyo. Following her posthumous deification, she was admitted to the Yoruba pantheon as an aspect of a primordial divinity of the same name.'

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

American Gods are cancelled after Season 3 - Nnnooo... And we were going to get the war of Old and New Gods at last. They say they are talking about the film closing the story. At least we have the official Scion series in production, which will also be about children of the Gods...

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ncelled-starz/
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-30-2021, 12:08 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

That’s what they get for fucking over Orlando Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X