Haida Titans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
    That's awesome. The Enduri should be pretty interesting, given that I know next to nothing about them. Are there any other pantheons in China besides them and the Shen? On a similar note, have you ever considered covering the Kamuy (Ainu)?
    Seeing as China has over the centuries expanded way beyond the area originally inhabitated by the ethnic Han Chinese, it contains more peoples and pantheons than I can possibly enumerate, including parts of Mongolian territory, other Tungusic ethnicities besides the Manchu, Tibet with both its Buddhist and Bön Pantheons, various Turkic peoples, the Tanguts, and the whole array of the South China minorites, among which the Miao might be the most prominent. I'm probably forgetting a lot here; China is huge.
    I'm aware of the Kamuy, but that's pretty much it. They haven't stricken any particular fancy of mine (yet), but that doesn't mean we're never gonna look at them.

Comment

Another question, sorry I'm barraging you with so many: Besides major Titans, what kinds of Titanspawn/Species of monsters, do the pantheons your working on feature?

Comment

What would be the plan for Gaunab? God or Titan?

Comment

Another question, sorry I'm barraging you with so many: Besides major Titans, what kinds of Titanspawn/Species of monsters, do the pantheons your working on feature?
          Sorry about not responding to this, I saw it and it totally slipped my mind!

The Haida, and Ashanti sort of lack any Titanspawn or creatures such as that. Ashanti stories mostly involve the problems created by people, and the problems created by Anansi, very much sort of 'you make your own problems' situation, or getting caught up in the problems of others being dragged onto their laps. The supernatural antagonism for the Ashanti will mostly be through Witch Cults, which are the cults of foreign deities that cause sickness and death to their surrounding communities. The Haida are very similar to the Túatha Dé Danann in that the Pantheon comes into conflict with their mortals frequently. There are various communities of Supernatural Beings, the same sort of entities their deities are, that can serve as antagonists very easily for unwary mortals, sort of similar to the relationship between the Síd and the Túatha Dé Danann.

The Hittites are the real challenge in that Hero and Demigod tier stories for the Pantheon are unknown, everything we have is God-Tier. The conflicts a Hero or Demigod of the Pantheon is likely going to run into may be some lower-legend children of Kumarbi here and there, but will mainly be random tasks or things they need to do to honor their Pantheon. Stealing the idol of Marduk from Babylon for example would be something Tarhun would love if one of his Scions could pull off. Their stories would be less about conflict with Titans and Titanspawn, but working to honor the gods, likely by coming into conflict with other Pantheons. Some of Illuyanka's children might make decent Titanspawn, but they're not evil or anything, just big smart polite upper-class snakes to be honest.

Comment

Thanks Watcher! Another question, do the Manchu have any Titans?

Comment

Thanks Watcher! Another question, do the Manchu have any Titans?
              Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but the Manchu pantheon was kind of my baby The main Titan opposed to the Enduri is an incredibly fascinating figure named Yeluri, a bi-gendered deity that was originally tasked with keeping the notoriously sleepy Earth Goddess awake, but was wounded and antagonised by her, and thus turned into a demon that now desires to kill the three creator goddesses of Sky, Earth, and Light, and thus to lay waste to the cosmos itself. Yeluri has countless cool features and is probably the most detailled Titan I've had the joy of writing up so far; you'll understand that I'll reserve some details for the Enduri's actual publication

Comment

Have you guys looked into the Choctaw Pantheon at all? I was reading up on them, and they're pretty cool. Eskeilay, the grasshopper goddess of the underworld, is too cute for words, and I already have an idea for a character whose a scion of her.

Comment

Have you guys looked into the Choctaw Pantheon at all? I was reading up on them, and they're pretty cool. Eskeilay, the grasshopper goddess of the underworld, is too cute for words, and I already have an idea for a character whose a scion of her.
                  I definitely have my eyes on descendants of the Mississipian cultures, including people like the Choctaw, Creek/Muscogee, Chickasaw, Caddo, and so on, with their own Hero Twins and all that comes with it. But I haven't even compiled a reading list for them yet, let alone dealt with the dividing lines between the individual cultures there, so they probably won't be coming for a long term, at least not from Watcher and me.

Comment

Working...
                  X