No announcement yet.

Playing Scion with non-Scion Systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero and Origins have both been on the list in other stages separately. Probably the same here

Comment

Marvel RPG. Very easy (and a bit primitive), although useful and vestal.

Comment

although it would take some work. using the exalted modern setting from shards of the exalted dream (EX2nd ed) could work, although it is still storyteller.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          City of Mist is a PbtA game about mythic superheroes that would be very easy to reskin as Scion.
          As an aside, the text of the book for this just went out to backers, and suggests "gods incarnated into mortal form" as a campaign frame. The rules are also a delight.

Just saying.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Lashet View Post
            Marvel RPG. Very easy (and a bit primitive), although useful and vestal.
            I'll take a look, thanks!

Originally posted by ahather View Post
            although it would take some work. using the exalted modern setting from shards of the exalted dream (EX2nd ed) could work, although it is still storyteller.
            Yeah, not an impossible fit. That said, between some of the flaws in Exalted 2E and the work that would need to go into dummying it up to be more Scion-ish, I'd rather work with something else. Thanks for the suggestion though!

As an aside, the text of the book for this just went out to backers, and suggests "gods incarnated into mortal form" as a campaign frame. The rules are also a delight.

Just saying.
            Sounds interesting. That said, it would need to come out tomorrow for non-backers to be a reasonable choice at this point, as I'll be talking to players on Sunday about alternatives. Though the free preview looks interesting, I'm not going to commit to running a year and a half or so campaign on an incomplete document.

Comment

City of Mist is now out and I honestly struggle to see myself using actual Scion over it. It’s so good!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

City of Mist is now out and I honestly struggle to see myself using actual Scion over it. It’s so good!

Have you actually played it? I've read it and it looks awesome but I'm curious as to whether the gameplay can live up to the book's intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Squee View Post

Have you actually played it? I've read it and it looks awesome but I'm curious as to whether the gameplay can live up to the book's intentions.
                  I haven’t yet, but the Lady Blackbird or Fate-inspired approach to stats over classic PbtA one is amazing, and I say that as someone who loves a lot of other PbtA games.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

Sadly none of my group has gone for it so I'd love to know how it goes if you or anyone else tries it. I can live with living vicariously through other games :P

Comment

Working...
                    X