Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

I was wondering when is the estimated release date of Scion 2Ed. I never played the first one but i'm looking forward try the second.

They haven't given us a date but it was originally said to be coming out in May but it was delayed. There was a hint that an upcoming preview would include some elements of the base system as well. Hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
      They haven't given us a date but it was originally said to be coming out in May but it was delayed. There was a hint that an upcoming preview would include some elements of the base system as well. Hopefully soon.
      This past May?

Comment

Yes, but the system got overhauled with a major change (for the better we are assured) in the mechanics development for the base enginee shared with the Trinity Continuum.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

The physical books were originally projected for next month. According to the Monday Meeting lists, Origins and Hero are currently (writing-wise) in development (but apparently past 2nd draft... I hope I'm reading that right), while Origins is in art direction.

Right now, if we see Origins and Hero by March or April, I'd be willing to call it a win (although I'm sure hoping for sooner! ).
          Last edited by yukikaze; 09-27-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I’d truly be surprised if we see the PDFs by June and I’m beginning to wonder if scion will beat exalted record for how long it’ll take. Oh well I still have Call of Cthulhu to play with and Numenera II which I’m sure will deliver on time to run. As long as they don’t have a Kickstarter for Demigod or God before we even get the Hero books I’ll be okay

Comment

I mostly just wanna know when the BackerKit is gonna lock down. The credit card I have associated with it is gonna expire in February.

Originally posted by tytalan View Post
              I’d truly be surprised if we see the PDFs by June and I’m beginning to wonder if scion will beat exalted record for how long it’ll take. Oh well I still have Call of Cthulhu to play with and Numenera II which I’m sure will deliver on time to run. As long as they don’t have a Kickstarter for Demigod or God before we even get the Hero books I’ll be okay

... You kidding? Scion's in Development right now, and Origins is in Art Direction. There's no way it could possibly take several years past this without everything going wrong.

Comment

When asked Richter if we have to wait a year from September, he said "highly unlikely".

If it could be done by march, I agree it would good enough.

By the way, why the Shen Pantheon was previewed again?

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
                  By the way, why the Shen Pantheon was previewed again?
                  It was originally shared as a backer only preview on Kickstarter, it was recently shared for everyone else here on the Onyx Path site.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post

It was originally shared as a backer only preview on Kickstarter, it was recently shared for everyone else here on the Onyx Path site.

So is the Orisha... okay... Thought something's changed... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
                      If it could be done by march, I agree it would good enough.
                      If Hero hasn't entered Art Direction, March feels really unlikely. 5+ months art direction, 3+ months layout feels like the absolute fastest Onyx Path can handle books of this scale. So if it entered art direction this month, May or June feel plausible. Personally I'm betting on September or October of next year, Rich's optimism notwithstanding.
                      Last edited by HighPriest; 10-05-2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I'll hold out hope for "second quarter 2018."

...but I'm still gonna try kitbashing Godbound or Gods of the Fall, just in case...
                        Last edited by yukikaze; 10-06-2017, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Jetstream Scion and Origin have been both in development for serval months Origin has been in art also for about the same time I see no reason to expect the to be out in PDF before July at the earliest and probably not until October unless the have to rewrite everything again than who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by tytalan View Post
                            Jetstream Scion and Origin have been both in development for serval months Origin has been in art also for about the same time I see no reason to expect the to be out in PDF before July at the earliest and probably not until October unless the have to rewrite everything again than who knows.
                            That would be extremely dissappointing... but what can we do?

Comment

The core system has been sent, guys

Comment

Working...
                              X