No announcement yet.

Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it has been, and that's definitely not a bad thing!

I would think that, if they don't have the PDFs ready by year's end, that they should at least be in a position to give us a semi-firm projected release date...

Comment

Yukikaze we just got told by Onyx Path that they do not give any estimates on release dats. In fact they basically told us on the Kickstarter comment section that it is company policy to keep us as much in the dark as they can get away with so as to not Disappoint Us By Being Off On A time Scale. So I expect we might hear about the PDFs a couple of days before we get them. But as someone pointed out the rules they sent us do not include the complete combat rules.

Comment

It would still be nice if they did, especially if looked like the release would fall towards late summer/fall instead of earlier in the year. I can understand them wanting to not get burned on not living up to promised release dates, though.
        Last edited by yukikaze; 10-07-2017, 01:24 AM. Reason: To sound less fractious.

Comment

Originally posted by tytalan View Post
          Yukikaze we just got told by Onyx Path that they do not give any estimates on release dats. In fact they basically told us on the Kickstarter comment section that it is company policy to keep us as much in the dark as they can get away with so as to not Disappoint Us By Being Off On A time Scale.
          It’s hard not to read this as malicious, intentional misrepresentation of what’s been said. If they were trying to “keep us as much in the dark as possible”, there wouldn’t be updates to where books are in the production stages, and what’s going on with them. I’m sorry the fact that they don’t want to give a date of release projection after previously being burned by unforeseen problems meeting said projections (common throughout the industry) bothers you, but that isn’t justification to misrepresent what’s been said.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Glamourweaver sorry you think what I said was misrepresentation of what was said to me but it really is not. I was told that we at scion were getting more information than any other Kickstarter backers from Onyx Path because they did not want to build up expectations of a release date. I’ve already decided I’ll get the books when I get them and I’ll think twice about backing any of Onyx Paths project. That said I’ll probably back The Trinity Kickstarters because I love the games but I’ll know not to expect the kind of flow of information that I’ll get from companies like Monte Cook Games, or Mongoose Publishing, or even Dream Pod 9 who ran a year and half over their time plan but kept us informed the whole time. It’s kinda sad that OP takes this approach when Kickstarter suggests as much transparency as possible and supply’s the tools for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tytalan View Post
              Glamourweaver sorry you think what I said was misrepresentation of what was said to me but it really is not. I was told that we at scion were getting more information than any other Kickstarter backers from Onyx Path because they did not want to build up expectations of a release date. I’ve already decided I’ll get the books when I get them and I’ll think twice about backing any of Onyx Paths project. That said I’ll probably back The Trinity Kickstarters because I love the games but I’ll know not to expect the kind of flow of information that I’ll get from companies like Monte Cook Games, or Mongoose Publishing, or even Dream Pod 9 who ran a year and half over their time plan but kept us informed the whole time. It’s kinda sad that OP takes this approach when Kickstarter suggests as much transparency as possible and supply’s the tools for it.
              You have been informed where things stand with Neall's monthly updates and excerpts. You have a weekly progress report on my blog. Neall answers questions on the Scion forum thread right here, and you can ask him anything you want directly. These are the methods we have determined can best be used to inform our backers and they provide you with both an idea of where the projects are and that actual work is being done. Neall doesn't have unlimited free time, and I'd rather he spend what time he can carve from his full-time job on finishing the text. Every backer has a different amount of info that they need, and we do our best to supply the most info we can to satisfy the most number of backers we can, but obviously you need more than we are set up to give you. Should things change with how Neall develops Scion, then we'll be able to expand the amount and nature of the updates we provide, but for now we are giving you what we can.

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post

You have a weekly progress report on my blog.
                If I could ask, where might we find your blog?

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiBear View Post

If I could ask, where might we find your blog?
                  The Monday Meeting notes blog update on the main OPP web page, unless Rich has a dedicated one offsite too that I never heard about. There's nothing new for Scion in the latest one but a few times ago we got some prettygood breakdowns on the nuances of that final development step on the progress tracker that might be of interest.

Comment

There's an update on the Kickstarter that talks about the current state of the project (spoiler - it's good news).

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
                      There's an update on the Kickstarter that talks about the current state of the project (spoiler - it's good news).
                      Hail Santa!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

Hail Santa!
                        Appropriate, given the second half of the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
                          Oooh, that IS good news. With that kind of announcement I don't even mind waiting longer for the Manitou preview

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post
                            Appropriate, given the second half of the update.
                            Who I also just realized is missing his Callings. As it is he is more of a Titan of jollity!

I propose Guardian, Liminal, Judge. He protects children and good people, travels like the wind to dispense gifts, and divides the naughty from the nice.

Comment

So would the Krampus be a different mantle or a 5-dot Birthright?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

nice Christmas news. Cant wait for the manitou!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X