Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    So would the Krampus be a different mantle or a 5-dot Birthright?
    We’ve only got the Russian (Bogovi?) Mantle at this point, so it would be hard to pair him with an Alpine figure like that without a broader picture.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

We’ve only got the Russian (Bogovi?) Mantle at this point, so it would be hard to pair him with an Alpine figure like that without a broader picture.
      True. I mean, the 'All Legends Are True' thing means the Krampus exists-

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

He'd work quite well as a scion of Mikola and a satyr, who takes after his father's more aggressive tendencies and combines them with the stricture not to forget children.
        Santa keeps him around because you can't turn your back on your kids, but has found the punishment of the Naughty with coal to be the only viable outlet for his son's proclivities to keep Krampus from turning half of Scandinavia's bedrooms into bloodbaths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
          True. I mean, the 'All Legends Are True' thing means the Krampus exists-
          Oh definitely, I’m just saying our perspective on St Nicholas/Jolnar/etc is exclusively Russian, so we need to see other incarnations/mantles in other Pantheons.

I mean, wouldn’t Jolnar or Jolfadr be a Mantle of Odin?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
            I mostly just wanna know when the BackerKit is gonna lock down. The credit card I have associated with it is gonna expire in February.

... You kidding? Scion's in Development right now, and Origins is in Art Direction. There's no way it could possibly take several years past this without everything going wrong.
            I'd like to agree with you, but I was there for the storm of awful that was the Ex3 Kickstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Elemental View Post

I'd like to agree with you, but I was there for the storm of awful that was the Ex3 Kickstarter.
              Said it before, I'll say it again, Ian Watson and Neall Price did not develop Exalted 3rd edition.

Comment

Said it before, I'll say it again, Ian Watson and Neall Price did not develop Exalted 3rd edition.
                No, but Onyx Path oversaw the game and KS, and it.....well, it wasn't the best first impression a company could have made.

Comment

No, but Onyx Path oversaw the game and KS, and it.....well, it wasn't the best first impression a company could have made.
                  If it was the first KS of theirs you'd come in on, anyway (and there's a fair chance it was); they'd already done five before then.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

If it was the first KS of theirs you'd come in on, anyway (and there's a fair chance it was); they'd already done five before then.
                    From what I understand, the Ex3 Kickstarter was kind of a perfect storm of "Oops", between the many stretch goals changing the length of the books, system overhauls, Morke's health problems, playtester leaks...

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I’m pretty sure the average of all their projects is a superior metric to their worst one.

Comment

Deleted Post
                        Last edited by HighPriest; 01-10-2018, 05:49 AM.

Comment

from the monday meeting seems that the art of origins is almost done

Comment

Yes but Hero hasn't even entered art direction yet. So since it is going to be a double release, going by the current pace it will be at least another 6 months till we see the books.

Comment

I’m pretty sure the average of all their projects is a superior metric to their worst one.
                              On the other hand, I'm not sure how fair it is to compare a new edition of a game with a new system to their standard stuff. In many ways, Exalted is the closest product to Scion.

Still, I'm hopeful that we'll get the full text in the next month or two, finished PDFs ~a year late and hard copy... some time after that.

I've got a fair bit riding on the full text arriving soon, as I'd like to run it after my current game which is starting to wrap up. I'm hopeful we'll have it by February (Really, I'm hopeful that we'll have it before the Aeon Kickstarter, but that might be overly optimistic). I've pitched it to the players and they seem keen, so just waiting on the actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by rickayelm View Post
                                Yes but Hero hasn't even entered art direction yet. So since it is going to be a double release, going by the current pace it will be at least another 6 months till we see the books.

Yes, but per the latest Kickstarter update, once the editing and final development passes are done, they will be providing the full text to backers. Is it a completely finished book? No, but it is enough to play the game. And I for one really appreciate it too. Better to get it right the first time

Comment

Working...
                                X