Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post

Yes, but per https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/scion-2nd-edition-tabletop-rpg/posts/2080604"]the latest Kickstarter update[/URL], once the editing and final development passes are done, they will be providing the full text to backers. Is it a completely finished book? No, but it is enough to play the game. And I for one really appreciate it too. Better to get it right the first time
    Another nice thing about this, is that it will allow players and backers to give input on anything that may be confusing or unclear. A huge problem with EX3’s release was that they kept it so close to the chest that when the final product was released, a huge chunk of the rules and charms were unclear in their execution and are still being clarified by the new developers, on the forums. Hopefully we can avoid that with a nice massive errata check here before Scion is finally released.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
      I’m pretty sure the average of all their projects is a superior metric to their worst one.
      I'm sure the several projects I wasn't there for may have been better handled, but it wasn't a good 100% personal, 100% subjective impression, when that was the one I started with. Still, Scion is going better, since the creators seem to actually like talking to their backers and that makes the seemingly-inevitable delays much less onerous. I don't seriously think it'll be as bad as Ex3 based just on that.

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post
      Another nice thing about this, is that it will allow players and backers to give input on anything that may be confusing or unclear. A huge problem with EX3’s release was that they kept it so close to the chest that when the final product was released, a huge chunk of the rules and charms were unclear in their execution and are still being clarified by the new developers, on the forums. Hopefully we can avoid that with a nice massive errata check here before Scion is finally released.
      That's another good thing. One of the reasons Ex3 left a sour taste in my mouth was that the finished product didn't feel very polished, with a pile of errors being spotted within hours of release to a general audience. When you've got people who will proofread for free, it's just common sense to use them.

Comment

https://www.earplay.com/stories/scion/

According to earplay the Scion story has a released date of 2018 TBD.

Comment

That fits with what they've been telling us.

Comment

I've always been an advocate of not rushing things for the sake of quality. What I've been reading so far has been pretty good stuff.

Mankind was once an endangered species. It will likely be so again. And mankind will only have itself to blame.

Comment

Oh huh, the Monday Meeting Notes have some notes. Apparently Scion Origins has been marked as being in "Post-Editing Development", and Heroes is noted as "With Neall for some tweaks"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Scion has been with neall for for three weeks now, hopefully into editing soon. I'm crossing my fingers we get origins now instead of having to wait for hero to also be done since that's likely gonna be another month or so, but it's not really my decision either.

Comment

In the meeting note comments, Yodo asked "Just so I can get my reading list sorted out – now Scion: Origin is done with its editing pass, will the text file go out straight away? Or will y’all wait until Hero’s done as well? All good either way, I’m just too eager for it to let the question go unanswered!" and RichT responded "You'll find out pretty soon...", which makes me THINK we might be getting Origins in the next couple days, given the coy tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GoblinSociety View Post
                    In the meeting note comments, Yodo asked "Just so I can get my reading list sorted out – now Scion: Origin is done with its editing pass, will the text file go out straight away? Or will y’all wait until Hero’s done as well? All good either way, I’m just too eager for it to let the question go unanswered!" and RichT responded "You'll find out pretty soon...", which makes me THINK we might be getting Origins in the next couple days, given the coy tone.
                    I mean, I would love that. Plus, getting the full text of Storypath out before the Trinity Kickstarter does make some sense...

Comment

Aw man, now I'm gonna be checking the kickstarter every other hour just to make sure I finally catch it when it comes out. Still, with this and the trinity kickstarter in such a short time, at the very least the storypath stuff is all finally coming to a head. Makes me reminisce about back in the day when it was still called codename sardonyx.

Comment

What the current status for complete books to non backers?

Comment

Boy looking at all these missed estimates really makes you pessimistic about the release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                            I mostly just wanna know when the BackerKit is gonna lock down. The credit card I have associated with it is gonna expire in February.

... You kidding? Scion's in Development right now, and Origins is in Art Direction. There's no way it could possibly take several years past this without everything going wrong.
                            Ooof this was posted just under 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnerf View Post

Ooof this was posted just under 2 years ago.
                              And we know exactly why it’s late. It’ll be fine.

Also it was October 2017. That was last year. It hasn’t even been ONE

Comment

I would like to note, for the record, that Scion Origin and Hero are both in Proofing right now.

http://theonyxpath.com/a-whiff-of-pu...meeting-notes/

• Scion Hero Need Neal’s 2nd proof changes.
                                • Scion Origin Doing Neall’s errata changes, and swapping out the font.

So, y'know. We're kinda in the home stretch

Comment

Working...
                                X