Scion 2Ed Estimated release time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ffanxii4ever View Post

Yes, but per https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/scion-2nd-edition-tabletop-rpg/posts/2080604"]the latest Kickstarter update[/URL], once the editing and final development passes are done, they will be providing the full text to backers. Is it a completely finished book? No, but it is enough to play the game. And I for one really appreciate it too. Better to get it right the first time
    Another nice thing about this, is that it will allow players and backers to give input on anything that may be confusing or unclear. A huge problem with EX3’s release was that they kept it so close to the chest that when the final product was released, a huge chunk of the rules and charms were unclear in their execution and are still being clarified by the new developers, on the forums. Hopefully we can avoid that with a nice massive errata check here before Scion is finally released.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
      I’m pretty sure the average of all their projects is a superior metric to their worst one.
      I'm sure the several projects I wasn't there for may have been better handled, but it wasn't a good 100% personal, 100% subjective impression, when that was the one I started with. Still, Scion is going better, since the creators seem to actually like talking to their backers and that makes the seemingly-inevitable delays much less onerous. I don't seriously think it'll be as bad as Ex3 based just on that.

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post
      Another nice thing about this, is that it will allow players and backers to give input on anything that may be confusing or unclear. A huge problem with EX3’s release was that they kept it so close to the chest that when the final product was released, a huge chunk of the rules and charms were unclear in their execution and are still being clarified by the new developers, on the forums. Hopefully we can avoid that with a nice massive errata check here before Scion is finally released.
      That's another good thing. One of the reasons Ex3 left a sour taste in my mouth was that the finished product didn't feel very polished, with a pile of errors being spotted within hours of release to a general audience. When you've got people who will proofread for free, it's just common sense to use them.

Comment

https://www.earplay.com/stories/scion/

According to earplay the Scion story has a released date of 2018 TBD.

Comment

That fits with what they've been telling us.

Comment

Working...
          X