Godslave Webcomic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godslave Webcomic

I found a really good urban fantasy webcomic with a very scion feel to it, it involves the Egyptian pantheon in the modern world.
    http://www.godslavecomic.com/comic/page-1

(to be very clear i do not create this comic nor do i own it - i just read it)

This comic is Scion as h-e-double-hockey-sticks.

Glad you told us about it.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Just binged the whole thing and I love it already. I’m going to be definitely following this now.

Comment

Ah, I THOUGHT something seemed fishy at first.

Around the time when the God Avatar was talking about storms... I thought 'Wait, Anpu doesn't govern storms, SET does' and LO AND BEHOLD-

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

quite indeed

Comment

Blasted through it. It's really cool, and awesome inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
              Ah, I THOUGHT something seemed fishy at first.

Around the time when the God Avatar was talking about storms... I thought 'Wait, Anpu doesn't govern storms, SET does' and LO AND BEHOLD-

I got suspicious when he started describing Heru in particularly vicious/jealous terms. Like - I could buy the new invented conflict he was pitching between Anpu and the rest of the Pantheon - but that clearly personal grudge against Heru started ringing a pretty familiar bell

Also, while I could see someone without the intended reveal just choosing that color as an oversight, so I wasn't sure - the fact that her eyes glow RED is a pretty big flag in an Kemetic context.
              Last edited by glamourweaver; 10-02-2017, 11:57 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I got suspicious when he started describing Heru in particularly vicious/jealous terms. Like - I could buy the new invented conflict he was pitching between Anpu and the rest of the Pantheon - but that clearly personal grudge against Heru started ringing a pretty familiar bell

Also, while I could see someone without the intended reveal just choosing that color as an oversight, so I wasn't sure - the fact that her eyes glow RED is a pretty big flag in an Kemetic context.
                For me it was the form he chose, first and foremost. I looked at that, that was not a jackal. I went "Hey, didn't I hear Set was salawa-headed? A 'relative of the dog?'" And I googled it, the resemblance sealed the deal. Giving powers of physical might, not being too good at magic (as opposed to the guy who invented mummification) and talking about storms- Yeah, that was not Anpu. I mean, I don't agree with Sobek on a lot of things, but even a kid's cartoon knows that Anubis is the dead-things-and-jackals guy, Set is the storms-and-destruction guy. I guess in between the fights and the doubts of trustworthiness, she's been too busy to google "Anubis?"

Comment

Just read the whole (current) thing in one go.

Seems good, so far. What time does it update?

Comment

Mondays and Thurdays - more than that depends on the creator, (its created by a single person) i check it usually at about 10pm UK time (on those days) along with the rest of the webcomics i read

Comment

This brightened my day considerably!

Comment

Working...
                      X