Scion Eras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion Eras

I know it's early Days yet, what with Origin and Hero not yet being out, but, once we have the 4 core books is there a chance of eras for scion? setting books on running games set in say the 1920s or the Victorian era, or the 1700s.

How would people feel about such a thing?

I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that there will be alternate eras eventually.

And yep! I want as many alternate eras as we can possibly get. History is fascinating to me and imagining how history would be different if there were actual divinely-gifted adventurers moving through it.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Didn't know that they had been confirmed or ever mooted, but I'm glad to hear it.

Any Particular eras you would like to see? scion age of sail/pirates could be cool, would also like scion Napoleonic war/french revolution/ early industrial revolution sort of 1750-1850, so much happens in that era

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
        Didn't know that they had been confirmed or ever mooted, but I'm glad to hear it.

Any Particular eras you would like to see? scion age of sail/pirates could be cool, would also like scion Napoleonic war/french revolution/ early industrial revolution sort of 1750-1850, so much happens in that era
        SCION: AGE of STEAM? I think I could get some enjoyment out of a Pirate Era...
        Last edited by Mangle77; 11-19-2017, 12:30 PM.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
        I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

I think Neall’s mentioned the reign of Julian the Apostate as a historic era he’d like to use for a Scion Shard.

Alexandrian Empire and the rise of Greco-Bactrian civilization would be fun! See Heracles convert to Buddhism and finally find inner peace...
          Last edited by glamourweaver; 11-19-2017, 03:11 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Victorian England is a strong contender. Exploring what it would be like to be a Scion in the different social classes would be interesting. Imagine a super-smart Scion who could revolutionize science, but darn the luck! She's a woman, and poor at that!

Obviously, the original Age of Heroes would be cool as well.

I'll definitely echo Mangle on the Golden Age of Piracy as well. You just KNOW there's at least one Captain Jack Sparrow in there somewhere.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Golden Age of Piracy also frames you at the period of time of the Loa are coming into existence through the horrors of the Middle Passage.

Comment

yeah that, and thats is an interesting if difficult thing to play with

Comment

I think a future-era Scion, maybe in a Shadowrun-esque cyberpunk setting, would have some potential.

Comment

that would be pretty cool, particularly with the Origin mortal level play

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
                      yeah that, and thats is an interesting if difficult thing to play with
                      It'd be difficult yeah, but it's definitely a case of "if you can't embrace this central component of the era with the care it needs, then don't touch it; because otherwise you're dealing with sanitized erasure."
                      Last edited by glamourweaver; 11-19-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yukikaze View Post
                        I think a future-era Scion, maybe in a Shadowrun-esque cyberpunk setting, would have some potential.
                        Now i’m thinking about going full Hero/Demigod/God in a space opera, with player Circles eventually getting to forge their own Pantheons shapeing their own planet and the species/civilizations it bares.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Now i’m thinking about going full Hero/Demigod/God in a space opera, with player Circles eventually getting to forge their own Pantheons shapeing their own planet and the species/civilizations it bares.

That could work even better! That makes me think of a Scion setting where the pantheons are like the royal/noble houses ruling sovereign worlds and/or star systems, possibly with "international" relations similar to the Feudal Future trope (exemplified, for example, in BattleTech and Dune). This could be something not unlike the Heaven's Reach setting from Shards of the Exalted Dream...
                          Last edited by yukikaze; 11-20-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

As an Aesir fanboy, I'd love an exploration of the Viking colony in North America.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

It actually fits quite a few sci-fi scenarios amazingly well.

After the world was turned to desert by a nuclear apocalypse, the band needs to take a gang of nomads in rusting cars and bikes, and become the divinities that lead these relics of a bygone race to overcome the fallen humans and mythological mutants around them and form a new civilisation. The legacies of not only their parents but all intelligent life depend on it.

The generation ship silently soars between stars to a new world. The fifth-generation residents, having forgotten the past world's myths, forge new legends about the battles that take place between decks as its crew do covert battle with the manifestations of Titanic terror which snuck into the dark places before launch. They will become worshiped as the heroes of new worlds, if they can only survive the villains of the last.

When the dryads learned to splice their roots into the copper lines that spanned the earth, the next step became inevitable. The Worldmind, corrupted, gave its Dreamers no warning before their virtual world was swarmed with reminders of the legends they had sought to escape. Only those with the incorruptible code of Ichor running through their substrate were able to effectively wield the Saga's own routines against it. But would they wield it well enough to keep the Dreamers from waking and having to face once more the world they abandoned?

Personally, I'd be interested in prehistory, being one of the Scions that taught the first people what gods were. For the less combative folks, it'd also be fascinating to mess with the Renaissance, and for the more combative, some expansionist culture-clashes like Alexander the Great's wars would be amazing, whether your scions were on the attacking or defending side.

Comment

Working...
                              X