No announcement yet.

Scion Eras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although its difficult to do properly until we have 2nd ed, should i make a forum thread for scion of the stars?

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I have a handful of books about the Navajo/Dine, after my initial exposure to them and neighboring cultures in Tony Hillerman's novels. (I'm sure there's a potential story about Sgt. Jim Chee being a Scion of the Diyin Dine, maybe of Changing Woman.) And it's a little easier to find stuff about the Cherokee where I live in eastern TN.

It could be worse, though. I'm old enough to remember the second edition AD&D Legends & Lore book, with it's generic "Native American" pantheon. And the outright painful to read Rifts Spirit West.

I still think that, as an April 1st release, OP needs to do a "generic European" pantheon for Scion, as a parody of those things. Cram G-d the Father, Zeus, and Santa Claus together into Bearded Skygod, some mix and match of Jesus, Robin Hood, Hercules and Thor into Hero Brothers, and so on.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by ahather View Post
        although its difficult to do properly until we have 2nd ed, should i make a forum thread for scion of the stars?
        I have no objection, for whatever it's worth.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
        X