OWOD antagonists in 1e

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWOD antagonists in 1e

I'm planning a campaign, and I was looking at using vamps and/or werewolves to break things up a little, or string things out, if necessary. Are there any mechanics issues I should be worried about?

In my experience, the main issue is one of power level. I saw a band of brand new Heroes demolish an equal number of Garou in a single round. Mages might put up more of a fight if they get the drop on the Scions, possibly.

Craig Oxbrow
    The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

I haven't played mage, and it seems a bit complicated to learn just for a side line, it wpuld be very interesting though. Demon would be more thematic, and should be easier to balance than garou. I was thinking Vampires might make an interesting break because they focus on subtelty and social machinations, as opposed to direct action.

Comment

Originally posted by racain23 View Post
        I haven't played mage, and it seems a bit complicated to learn just for a side line, it wpuld be very interesting though. Demon would be more thematic, and should be easier to balance than garou. I was thinking Vampires might make an interesting break because they focus on subtelty and social machinations, as opposed to direct action.
        Even trying to contest a Scion from a social perspective is super-duper hard. Epic Social Scions are probably more capable of beating down social vampires than Epic Physical Scions can beat down wolves. Epic Charisma 3 lets a Scion run an amazing presidential campaign that would be hard to beat for example since epics give passive bonuses that don't need fuel to work.

Comment

The best solution would probably be to look up the undead (AKA Vampire) and Therinthrope enemies from demigod and homebrew powers and adjust stats as needed.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X