are the scions the strongest?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the scions the strongest?

I was thinking while reading vampire " fuck... low generation vampire are so fucking strong..." then i realized that an apollo or ra (sun gods) can beat the shit out Cain with legend 4 with just a flash of light.

This is bad.

So, basically a moon god's scion is able to destroy a werewolf with silvery weapon

A mage have nothing to do with a full dex-strenght scion that will bring him down in a sec

So... scions are the strongest?

Why does this matter? Scions don't even exist in Vampire: the Masquerade.

Comment

just for the fun

Comment

Scions are literal children of Gods. Makes sense to me that they'd be tougher than Vampire or Werewolf PCs.

Now granted I'm not really a WoD fan so I can't really speak for some of the higher-end stuff.

Though I do like the image of many high-ranked Vampires trying to hold a meeting to plan for what to do... And it's interrupted by a group of Death God Scions. Turns out their parents are rather annoyed that these undead have gone uncollected for so long.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

We're also using games with radically different assumptions on how some key system elements work. Unless you want to put in the work to fairly replicate WoD characters in Scion, and comparison - even just for fun - is biased in the Scions favor before even getting to when Scions start to outpace high powered WoD critters.

Comment

Next you'll be worrying about whether Scions are stronger than bards.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

All of this is immaterial of course because we know Hulk is strongest there is!

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                I was thinking while reading vampire " fuck... low generation vampire are so fucking strong..." then i realized that an apollo or ra (sun gods) can beat the shit out Cain with legend 4 with just a flash of light.

This is bad.

So, basically a moon god's scion is able to destroy a werewolf with silvery weapon

A mage have nothing to do with a full dex-strenght scion that will bring him down in a sec

So... scions are the strongest?

The rules flat out state that using level 11 Boons and Epic Attributes gives you narrative control of the situation. Basically, you usurp the Story Teller for the the purpose of anything regarding that purview / attribute. For example, you could use level 11 Epic Strength to throw planets with one hand, or level 11 Epic Stamina to regenerate from a dust particle!

So yeah, an in game mechanic that lets you hijack the story, I'd say they're pretty god damn powerful!
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 12-19-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I miss this from the old forums. When your high end character is a literal god though it's a bit one sided.

Comment

Originally posted by racain23 View Post
                    I miss this from the old forums. When your high end character is a literal god though it's a bit one sided.

To be fair, though, Scion 1E considers Vampires and Werecritters to be Demigod level threats.

Comment

Apples to Oranges to Nukes. The power level has always been W/CoD > Scion > Nobilis, at least when talking about your average character that actually gets played. And to be fair to World/Chronicles of Darkness, the setting can actually go really high, with horrible elder gods when you peek behind the curtain to see what lies in the realms beyond.
                      Last edited by Iry; 12-21-2017, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Oh, are we playing the “let’s downplay one gameline’s characters in favor of another, purely based on the latter’s setting with no regards to actually integrate the settings, or take anything other than raw power into account” game again?

Kratos kills every God, and Scions are nothing but warm-up to him. End of the game.

On a more serious note, just as there’s nothing stopping Scion players from declaring their characters true divinity, there’s nothing stopping WoD/CofD players from declaring the Gods and their Scions are mere Umbrood/Goetia. This is ultimately a matter of which setting you wish to prioritize at your table.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Originally posted by Iry View Post
                          Apples to Oranges to Nukes. The power level has always been W/CoD > Scion > Nobilis, at least when talking about your average character that actually gets played. And to be fair to World/Chronicles of Darkness, the setting can actually go really high, with horrible elder gods when you peek behind the curtain to see what lies in the realms beyond.

I have to disagree with that assessment. In most Darkness games, the scenario goes "Oh shit, eldritch abomination, we need to run!"

While as in Scion, it's "Oh shit, eldritch abomination. I'm going to turn it into a pair of boots!"

When it comes to the Darkness setting, the national level threats are extremely rare individuals who most players never get the chance to play from their perspective.

But in Scion, national level threats are par for the course after your first chronicle, or so. And you even get to stand against them as an equal, instead of a hopeless underdog. By the time you hit Demigod status (which only requires Legend 4, by the way), your adventures graduate to inter-dimensional scale when you're traveling to and from pocket realities, or even taking a trip to the Underworld itself.
                          Last edited by Nyrufa; 12-19-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

This is a bit like asking, "is my character from "Monsters and other childish things" weaker than your PC from "Godlike"? There isn't any comparison. Can deities overpower semi-mortal monsters? Well, if they can't, there's something wrong with the deities. Was there a purpose to asking the question in the first place?

Comment

Well masquerade vs fallen were always fun to read, especially when it got into the fluff theology.

Comment

Working...
                              X