X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The waiting game

So... we have to wait.

Let's fill this time doing something.

Are you already thinking about a story or the set up for the 2E?

I think that i will create an adventure about a road trip (american gods like)

They will go up and down america to find what they're looking for.

and yours?

Three worlds for you "Playing The Villains". I'm gonna gather a group and play some badass scion who decided to side with the titans. Mechanically they're the same,but in story they'll do some awful,and awesome stuff!

Comment

a "chaotic" game is always fun in my opinion.

I prefer heroism A LOT, but playing villains is way more fun

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
        So... we have to wait.

Let's fill this time doing something.

Are you already thinking about a story or the set up for the 2E?

I think that i will create an adventure about a road trip (american gods like)

They will go up and down america to find what they're looking for.

and yours?
        Since early December I have had my eye on a "The Son of Zeus" chronicle after working out the kinks in the basic premise (singular Pantheon focus, Main Character problem) to make it less of a storytelling trap. I hope it will go well.

Comment

a chronicle based on a son of zeus, in my opinion would be so hilarious

example: Hey, u'r the son of zeus?

- oh gosh... not again... yes, why?
          - he fucked my mother then she left me in a labyrinth.
          - yes... i can se the little hornes on your head...
          - i'm gonna fucking kill you man.

Comment

Probably going for a low power, "kids/teens and everyday life shenanigans in a supernatural setting" kind of game. Odds are it will be a little tongue-in-cheek and not that serious, drawing some inspirations from comics and cartoons.

It's nothing innovative, but it's a chill way to get familiar with the new system and have some good time. Depending on how it goes, I'll consider to shift to a more "normal" game
            Last edited by Cinder; 01-19-2018, 06:13 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

Since early December I have had my eye on a "The Son of Zeus" chronicle after working out the kinks in the basic premise (singular Pantheon focus, Main Character problem) to make it less of a storytelling trap. I hope it will go well.
              Is Zeus gonna be the bad guy? I ask because in the modern age,he's either s crazy tyrant or a more laid back,even kinda nice god who's good naturedly lustful

Comment

I'm spending most of my nervous energy reading the source material and familiarising myself with the common myths of each group, so's I've got some ready answers for anything that comes up ("Oh, sure, Coyote hands you a bag and tells you to open it whenever you're hungry, but not to do it four times a day," style of thing).

As far as actual chronicles go, I have some ideas...

The only one I'll reveal though is the one about Australian Scions being sent to find the Aborigine Pantheon and give divine defences to the one godless continent.

Comment

I'm playing with the idea of instead of picking a city in the real world, to make my own ( a bit in the likes of superhero settings) that would provide all the options in the core books. So far i'm going for a mix of Toronto, Montreal and Los Angeles. I'm thinking of calling it the city of Pantheon, Canada. But honestly it is little more than the spark of an idea so far.
                  Last edited by Maitrecorbo; 01-19-2018, 07:08 PM.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                  Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
                  Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                    Is Zeus gonna be the bad guy? I ask because in the modern age,he's either s crazy tyrant or a more laid back,even kinda nice god who's good naturedly lustful
                    Sort of depends on how the Players end up doing their thing. Zeus, and all of the Divinities in my games, are a bit 'out of sync' with the modern age. So, Zeus won't be capital E Evil, he will be Zeus, an exaggerated Hellenistic King. That behavior can range from being nice, and benevolent, all the way to tyrannical, and horrific.

If Zeus realizes that The Son of Zeus prophecy is in play, he will probably be Fated into making poor decisions in the theme of 'Imprisonment' since that is the Fated pattern his Grandfather and Father fell into when they trapped their progeny either inside Gaia or inside himself. But, the exact details of that would all depend on how he has interacted with the Scions, all sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

Sort of depends on how the Players end up doing their thing. Zeus, and all of the Divinities in my games, are a bit 'out of sync' with the modern age. So, Zeus won't be capital E Evil, he will be Zeus, an exaggerated Hellenistic King. That behavior can range from being nice, and benevolent, all the way to tyrannical, and horrific.

If Zeus realizes that The Son of Zeus prophecy is in play, he will probably be Fated into making poor decisions in the theme of 'Imprisonment' since that is the Fated pattern his Grandfather and Father fell into when they trapped their progeny either inside Gaia or inside himself. But, the exact details of that would all depend on how he has interacted with the Scions, all sorts of things.
                      Ooh,nice. Can I make s suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Ooh,nice. Can I make s suggestion?
                        Sure, you're welcome to if you'd like. You can PM me if you'd like, wouldn't want to distract from the topic at hand.

Comment

I am, though it's nothing but free floating ideas at this point. I'm really gonna need to read more of the setting text and a few other things to be able to make a real decision. Though I have got a lot of inspiration from reading through various mythologies I know literally nothing about, and near obsessive re-readings of the various preview stuff. Hell almost as eager to see the companion/bestiary as the cores at this point.
                          As far as actual games planned, since I never got a chance to run any 1e, if I manage to get a group together for 2e things are probably going to be pretty basic. Starting low level, possibly pre visitation, group of scions all working in the same city taking on lower level threats with various foreshadowing of just how bad things might get. On the same note I've been toying with trying to evoke part of the feel of early SU as lame as it sounds. The heritage of the players, the duties and expectations that come with it that even they might not fully understand, the little hints of how great and terrible the Titans were when they were fought before, stuff like that.

Comment

Planning on using New York, some that's where I live. Being that New York has such a prevalent place in the modern mythology, it works very well, and has many locations and connections to other mythologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Quite Yoda View Post
                              The only one I'll reveal though is the one about Australian Scions being sent to find the Aborigine Pantheon and give divine defences to the one godless continent.
                              May I suggest focusing on a particular Aboriginal tradition, rather than over generalizing? I’m not saying
                              “make a dozen different Pantheons!” but rather pick a cultural focus and make the pantheon theirs.

My choice are the divinities/ancestors of the Anangu people, making the pantheon the Tjukuritja.

Edit: also side note, South America also currently doesn’t have any Pantheons until the Inca or Guarani get attention.
                              Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-25-2018, 05:12 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                              X