Origins on backerkit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origins on backerkit

The text complete Origins is on Backer Kit! I think its actually been there since yesterday.

Oooooo, thanks for pointing this out! BacketKit news can be easy to miss without a KS Update.

Comment

Here I was checking kickstarter and the main site like a fool but HERE WE GO

Comment

Well thats annoying. I can't seem to get backerkit to let me see the origins stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
          Well thats annoying. I can't seem to get backerkit to let me see the origins stuff.
          What's the problem, exactly? You should be able to click on the Digital Downloads link and download the pdf from there.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Isn’t that just the system preview from last year?

Comment

These are blessed days we live in. Praise the gods for this gift of Scion upon us!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post
                Isn’t that just the system preview from last year?
                Nope. It's the complete text of Origin - setting, rules, character creation, combat, antagonists, the whole kaboodle. The Storypath system preview was 34 pages, this is over 200 pages.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

They definitely changed the character creation rules a fair amount since the preview, I think I like the New ones quite a bit. I'm really looking forward to the rules for Hero now.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

What's the problem, exactly? You should be able to click on the Digital Downloads link and download the pdf from there.
                    I'm not even getting that as a option.

Comment

I had trouble finding it too:

Log onto Backer kit, click on Review Details for the Scion project, this takes you to the survey completion page. The Get Your Digital Download link is at the top of the screen just above "Now its time to thank your project creator".

Comment

JUST GOT THE LINK YASS

Comment

Skimming through, trying to get a grasp on character creation and I'm excited. Already run into a query though:
                          Originally posted by Damage and Scale, p142
                          When facing opponents (including objects such as vehicles) of a greater Scale, a character can only deal damage to a target no greater than two Scale above her. For example: A Scion (Scale 0, human-sized) with a sword can slice her way through an armored car (Scale 3), but cannot slash a skyscraper (Scale 5) in half without the aid of a Knack or Boon.
                          Is this an error, or am I failing to understand something?

A Scale 0 character is more than 2 Scale below the car, so how are they able to damage it? I can't see anything under the tags for swords that would change it, so it doesn't look like a weapon thing. .

Looking at the Scale chart, it looks like they've shifted the car up - A car shouldn't be scale 3, even armoured. By size, a bus is Scale 1.

Comment

Reading through my copy right now and already loving it!

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                            Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

My main question is - well, a bunch of supernatural Paths get Imperfect Disguise as a knack they can take.

Except there's no benefit to doing so, ever.

So why do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X