Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouranos, Kronos, maybe Oceanos.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
    Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
    Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
      if Gaea is not a Titan, what is then?
      The Titans (Generation) are all solid examples of Titans (Game Mechanic Classification). The upper levels of Greek Cosmology is broken into three segments, the Protogenoi (Primordials), the Titans (Titans), and the Theoi (Gods). So, where Gaia is a Primordial, Atlas, Prometheus, Rhea, Cronus, Hecate, Helios, Selene, Eos, Hyperion, Idapeus, and the rest of them (you can see a pretty definitive list here) are all Titans.

Comment

• only Gaia is a Primordial? Nyx and and others before Gaia aren't?

Comment

only Gaia is a Primordial? Nyx and and others before Gaia aren't?
          Who even knows, until we get Heroes?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I'm pretty certain he meant Gaia as an example and not an exhaustive list. Most of the Protogenoi, Nyx included, are Primordials by my reckoning (though I'm sure individual gaming tables will have slightly differing views as to which exact figure falls into which category). We've also been told that the status of a particular deity is not fixed... it is entirely possible for a Primordial to become a God (likely what happened to Ra) or vice versa (confirmed as to what happened to Brahma), and I'm sure God-Titan and Primordial-Titan conversion is also possible.

Comment

if Gaea is not a Titan, what is then?
              The Titans?

Kronos, Rhea, Iapetus, Tethys, Oceanus, Theia, Hyperion, etc etc

Not to mention probably Typhon and Echidna but that’s a separate lineage.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

All the Protogenoi would be Primordials

Xaos - Chaos
                Nyx - Darkness
                Gaea - Earth
                Ouranos - Sky
                Pontus - Water
                Tartarus - Death
                Hemera - Sun (technically day/light, but Sun is the purview that covers that)
                Last edited by glamourweaver; 02-12-2018, 04:30 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Guys,just a heads up. Scion:Hero is in post editing development. Which means that we're it getting it's text soon!
                  Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 02-12-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I keep F5ing the backerkit page.

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      Guys,just a heads up. Scion:Hero is in post editing development. Which means that we're it getting it's text soon!
                      Whoo-hoo! Can't wait!

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                      Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

• Didnt know where to ask that but Ive never played World of Darkness but it seems like Origins sounds like WoD. What do you think?

Comment

• What do you mean by "like WoD?"

If you mean mechanically? Yeah, Storypath (what Scion uses) is very obviously a derivative of the WoD's Storyteller system.

Tone and setting? They're pretty far apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                            What do you mean by "like WoD?"

If you mean mechanically? Yeah, Storypath (what Scion uses) is very obviously a derivative of the WoD's Storyteller system.

Tone and setting? They're pretty far apart.

I mostly meant tone because I felt that Origins was about intuitive mortals that get to meet stranger things, the paranormal. So I was wondering how different they were.

Comment

• Well, a huge difference regarding tone, is that in Origins, the World - the default setting - is not a world of hidden magic. The World is a place where creatures of myth and legend exist and are accepted parts of reality. It's also not a horror setting. In the WoD, people toss coins over the side of the bridge as a local quirky tradition. Nobody believes there's a troll there, but in the back of their minds they kinda know something is there and what's the harm in losing a bit of pocket change to never find out for sure? In the World, people toss coins over the side fo the bridge because there's actually a troll there, and it behaves itself as long as it gets regular offerings; nobody freaks out about this being true.

Comment

• I do like that the default outlook on the creatures of legend in The World isn't the typical "But that can't exist", but more "That might/probably exists, but I don't want any trouble with it so I just mind my own business"

Like, a police chief will probably have a Scion of say, Nuada on staff, and sends him out for Weird Jobs with explicit orders of "And if it IS a troll or something, make the problem go away. I really don't need the details."

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X