Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeshift Character Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I made a makeshift character sheet in google docs. It'll do a decent chunk of the math, though it won't so much warn you if you're doing bad math so much as it just won't give you the points in the final total. Also there are number of weird discrepancies in the Fulltext that I don't know how to resolve, so its largely based on my interpretation of the rules.

That's pretty cool!

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Originally posted by schizoPOP View Post
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I made a makeshift character sheet in google docs. It'll do a decent chunk of the math, though it won't so much warn you if you're doing bad math so much as it just won't give you the points in the final total. Also there are number of weird discrepancies in the Fulltext that I don't know how to resolve, so its largely based on my interpretation of the rules.
      Until we get a full errata thread up, please feel free to post about your discrepancies here. I'm hosting the file so I can make full fixes.

Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Skills I wasn't Sure About

Firearms and Aim (I went with Firearms)
        Command and Leadership (I went with Leadership. Command has no description)
        Culture and Humanities (I went with culture, Humanities has no description. Possible those are two different things.)
        Enigmas,Integrity, Larceny, have no description, but don't seem to have an easy replacement.

Finishing Touches

Includes extra Knacks (which Origin Characters only get one, unless there's supposed to short list of Knacks you can tweak.) Unsure if the three extra skill dots can take a skill above 3.

Other

Defense description is sort of confusing. Went with equal to the highest of all resistance attributes.

Callings have their own rating yes? If so is it locked at one for Origin?

It doesn't matter for the sheet, but I have no idea how the Piercing Tag is supposed to work.

Comment

Nana’B’Oozoo doesn't seem to have a third calling in Appendix 2

Fool's Corner Productions: Where we review Video Game, and eventually tabletop RPGs

Comment

Originally posted by schizoPOP View Post
            Skills I wasn't Sure About

Firearms and Aim (I went with Firearms)
            Command and Leadership (I went with Leadership. Command has no description)
            Culture and Humanities (I went with culture, Humanities has no description. Possible those are two different things.)
            Enigmas,Integrity, Larceny, have no description, but don't seem to have an easy replacement.
            Updated that and added Integrity back in. This is a consequence of Scion and Trinity sharing texts with two different Skill lists.[quote

Finishing Touches

Includes extra Knacks (which Origin Characters only get one, unless there's supposed to short list of Knacks you can tweak.) Unsure if the three extra skill dots can take a skill above 3.
            They can only ever use one at a time, but they can "own" multiple Knacks to swap in and out at end of session.

Defense description is sort of confusing. Went with equal to the highest of all resistance attributes.
            Generally it's highest Physical, but I'll mark it for clarification.

Callings have their own rating yes? If so is it locked at one for Origin?
            Yes and yes.

It doesn't matter for the sheet, but I have no idea how the Piercing Tag is supposed to work.
            It reduces Defense granted by armor by 1.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Ok, Larceny and Enigmas were nixed, starting skills cap at 5, Defense is highest of physical attributes, Knacks are now an open list you can expand with XP, but with single "Active" slot. That all sound right?

Comment

Found a glitch on the spreadsheet. When Pantheon/Society is picked as the primary it erases the allocated dots for it once the secondary and tertiary are picked.

Comment

Good Catch. Should be fixed now on the sheet now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                    Generally it's highest Physical, but I'll mark it for clarification.
                    Is this a mistake? The released PDF states highest of resistance attributes. This is very balanced because none of them are used offensively so you never have a character double dipping an attribute for both offense and defense. It even works with the range band specific stats and doesn't overlap with them. Allowing someone to dodge with Might or Dex causes overlap in statistical function which has been sort of accepted as the way of doing things in most RPGs but ultimately has it's issues. For people who want to say their character is dodging based on physical prowess, stamina works well for general athleticism
                    Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-05-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post

Is this a mistake? The released PDF states highest of resistance attributes. This is very balanced because none of them are used offensively so you never have a character double dipping an attribute for both offense and defense. It even works with the range band specific stats and doesn't overlap with them. Allowing someone to dodge with Might or Dex causes overlap in statistical function which has been sort of accepted as the way of doing things in most RPGs but ultimately has it's issues. For people who want to say their character is dodging based on physical prowess, stamina works well for general athleticism
                      You can attack with Stamina too now, at least in Close Combat. So it's not all that unbalanced.

Revlid wrote:
                      Yes, hollowing out your humanity to become an utterly utilitarian asura is the exact suggestion I would expect from you, Aiden.

Comment

See, I didn't read the whole stamina for attack as an actual battle but more as a narrative thing. Damaging someone via stamina is tiring them out... that is something that takes time and isn't going to be as quick as just punching them in the face. If we do down and dirty combat or we approach a situation where we want to simulate it out and move on then yes, rolling Stamina makes alot of sense for that. Doing damage each round using the same mechanics as a might user does not sound right.

Its also weird that Trinity and Scion may end up handling defense differently. Trinity clearly states highest of resistance attribute and Scion clearly only mentions resistance attributes but flubs and says physical resistance before listing the 3 resistance attributes next to it. If attacking/defending with any attribute was intended for direct and standard combat then why is there a brilliant table talking about which attribute should be used at various ranges for ranged combat? I really hope they do not remove that for Scion... that has to be one of the greatest things added to a tabletop to balanced ranged combat that I have ever seen...next to the resistance for dodging aspect.

I guess i may be a little biased because I absolutely love these two new systems (pure resistance stats for defense and different attributes for different range bands) and feel it really brings a sense of balance and purpose to each of the stats. I just wish we could get a definitive answer on this. I guess we will have to wait.

The only archetype this seems to hurt is the finesse fighters wanting to use dex for melee combat. I think an appropriate weapon tag or knack allowing them to use it instead of might would fix this issue. Having a single stat for melee and ranged combat is less problematic than offense and defense.
                        Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-06-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X