Scion Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion Errors

I was looking over the Scion: Origins document sent out to backers today and I think I found a rules error, or maybe I am just not understanding the rule correctly.

On pg. 105, Skills
    These dots are cumulative for Skills associated with two Paths. If this gives a Skill more than three dots, redistribute the extra dot to another Path Skill.
    The example given (Little Mao), and the earlier pre-generated characters, have skills above three. Is this an error in the rule or is it when you move dots from overflowing skills you can make a skill go over three dots?

Should be five dots.

Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Thanks, that is what I assumed.

I also found that the entire entry for "Larceny", pg 62, is not in the skills section.
      Last edited by Bioagent; 01-27-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

So this is basically the feedback for minor editing errors thread?

Comment

I am ok with that.

PS: I am Alpharius

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post
            EDIT: Let's go with what Ian says below.
            Last edited by Neall; 01-27-2018, 04:47 PM.

Neall Raemonn Price
            Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

There's something up with Step Six of character creation (pp. 107-108). The text says to hand out dots, while the example says it's XP (which comes out to an Attribute dot less than the text).

EDIT: Oh, and in the character creation example for Step Four (p. 106), the character's called Boyd at one point.
              Last edited by marin; 01-27-2018, 04:26 PM.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpharius View Post

I would rather we wait. We'll have a formal errata thread once the fully laid-out backer PDF goes out.

Ian A. A. Watson
                Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Page 158, last page, first sentence- "It is unsatisfying for most players to think that their characters' stories..." should probably be 'think that *of* their characters' stories."

Comment

I'd say the biggest one is the definition World, The in the lexicon, since it says the gods have only just recently returned and gotten involved in the World rather than, uh, never having left, ever

Comment

The Deva seem to have Firearms as an Asset Skill instead of Athletics.

I even went and checked the skill descriptions to make sure Athletics is still the bow-shooting and thrown weapons skill.
                      Last edited by Samudra; 01-27-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

There are references to a skill called Enigmas but it isn’t in the list of skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                          The Deva seem to have Firearms as an Asset Skill instead of Athletics.

I even went and checked the skill descriptions to make sure Athletics is still the bow-shooting and thrown weapons skill.

I can see the conflict, especially at the Origins level, where characters are generally going to be grounded in a modern context, rather than using historic weapons at mythic levels, making guns the contextual equivalent of historic ranged weapons. I'm inclined to let PCs pick between the two.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I can see the conflict, especially at the Origins level, where characters are generally going to be grounded in a modern context, rather than using historic weapons at mythic levels, making guns the contextual equivalent of historic ranged weapons. I'm inclined to let PCs pick between the two.
                            Point... would you allow them to change when they Ascend to higher tiers? Not that it technically matters since as I've noted elsewhere Astras don't have to be invoked through bows, and there's no reason they can't be invoked through bullets as easily as arrows.

Comment

As a separate point, Freyja seems to have Four Callings and Shiva has Epic Strength listed twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X