No announcement yet.

Scion Errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be useful to have a character sheet to work with, just to have the right terminology and check that up properly... Because I've seen "resolve" and "intelligence" used plenty of times and we don't know what's going on WITHOUT THE CHARACTER SHEET WHICH IS A BASIS PLEASE (this has been asked multiple times all over the place so hopefully you guys will excuse my lack of patience)

Comment

Originally posted by vonigner View Post
      (this has been asked multiple times all over the place so hopefully you guys will excuse my lack of patience)
      Asking me more than once isn't going to make me go any faster!

Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Multiple times over a long-ish period of time, that is I'm not spamming every second post asking for this basic tool for testing a sytem

Comment

PLUG! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(Its a character sheet, albeit a google sheet one based on my own reading of the rules with some extra insights from Neall. Please make your own copy. Post comments and concerns in the "Makeshift Character Sheet" thread.)

Comment

Here are some of things that seemed off to me that may not have been mentioned before.

Weapon and armor tags

-Piercing should likely reference to soft armor unless ur referring to a different type of defense granted by armor.

-Armored Tag? Doesn’t exist.

-Versatile states it gives a +1 to any stunts but dealing injuries is actually a stunt. Could be clarified a bit.

-Kevlar Vest has 4 points of tags instead of 3.

-Chainmail has 5 points of tags

Knacks

Swift Bandage: Is this supposed to heal a -2 condition? Seems like it. Would make sense why it does not list that it can heal hard armor slot injuries considering they are only -1 slots.

Why do some healing abilities state u can heal wounds within hard armor slots but others do not? It seems like a system that should be fairly normalized among all damage.

Based on the antagonist section it seems to imply that soft armor is supposed to increase defense directly. Is it supposed to be defense or more successes to do the cause injury stunt?

Hard and soft armor seems to be described differently with the super soldier antagonist quality. This is also similar to how soft and hard armor is talked about in the trinity preview. Specifically the assigning the points to hard armor. Is it always 1 point for 1 hard armor and 3 points for 2 or has this system been modified?

Men in Black antagonist have a armor value listed for them. They are the only antagonists that do as far as i can see.

Should birthrights really be listed during origin character creation? The lore heavily implies you only ever receive birthrights after your visitation. That and the fact the paragraph even references to Hero for you to get the information it seems a little odd.

Anyway, hope that helps. May get time to look through other sections tomorrow.

Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-06-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

The contacts section seems very confusing. I was under the impression that you handled contacts purely by invoking a path and that you could invoke a single path only 1 time per session. One aspect of invoking a path is being about to speak to a contact. It also mentions gaining points every invocation which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Seize stunt to require "Variable successes equal to opponent's Might) instead of just 3s? Means big dice pools later on are going to be disarm fests. This makes it harder for a low might person to retain their weapon but that generally makes sense. Low might are either noncombatants or ranged fighters. Both are not being very smart if they are in close range to begin with.

EDIT: And the Feint stunt seems a bit confusing. Do you want them to spend successes to beat their defense, then spend defense again, and then spend 2 per +1 enhancement they want? Or does it function more like inflict injury but with a cost of 2s instead? In that you spend for their defense and then spend 2 more per enhancement after that. Also, is there a cap to this? Can u actually do damage and then just spend 2 more successes to get a +1 to yourself next turn? Can this even be used on yourself? It would likely need to be in order to work in a solo game. I'm thinking it makes more sense for it to be simply 2s because having to spend double their defense just to begin using the stunt seems off.
                Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-08-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I want to make sure I'm understanding defense correctly. When a player is attacked the first time in a round, they roll their Defense stat (highest Resilience, whether that be Stamina, Resolve, or Composure). They can then spend successes on dodge to create a Defense that is what you must hit?

And if that's right, it says "Enemies have very high defenses to encourage exploiting weaknesses" but most of them only have 1-3 points, same as a player. Do they still roll theirs or is their defense a static value on top of rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystrich View Post

And if that's right, it says "Enemies have very high defenses to encourage exploiting weaknesses" but most of them only have 1-3 points, same as a player. Do they still roll theirs or is their defense a static value on top of rolling?
                    My takeaway was that defenses for antagonists are static.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Related to the OP, it says on page 104 (second bullet point at the bottom of the page): "Any given skill can be associated with at most two of your paths." This rule is ignored in the example, which gives Little Mao Culture in all three of his Paths. It also contradicts the point that there might be overflow dots, as five dots is the most you can get from two paths.

Edit: I just reread the middle section of this thread and realized this probably falls into the nitpicking category that has been discouraged. Sorry about that.
                      Last edited by gscrap; 04-14-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

edit: someone else asked. Will wait for an answer.
                        Last edited by Gnomeborg; 04-21-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gscrap View Post
                          Related to the OP, it says on page 104 (second bullet point at the bottom of the page): "Any given skill can be associated with at most two of your paths." This rule is ignored in the example, which gives Little Mao Culture in all three of his Paths. It also contradicts the point that there might be overflow dots, as five dots is the most you can get from two paths.

Edit: I just reread the middle section of this thread and realized this probably falls into the nitpicking category that has been discouraged. Sorry about that.
                          Also that question was already answered by Neall, probably in the Ask Neall thread. You can triple-down on your Path Skills, it's just that if it pushes your Skill over 5 you have to move a dot into a different Skill associated with the Path.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X