Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffalo
    • Oct 2015

Page 103 mentions Capital-A Aspirations when talking about Deeds; I'm assuming that's what they were originally called since they seem to function similarly to Chronicles of Darkness Aspirations.

Comment

• Samudra
      • Nov 2013

Page 26, the "Land of Chains" section, second paragraph, second sentence : "They almost possess powerful, implacable, and incorruptible guards." Should probably be "They almost all possess powerful, implacable, and incorruptible guards." Or "They almost always possess powerful, implacable, and incorruptible guards."

Comment

• IanWatson
        Community Manager
        • Oct 2013

Repeating this with red text because it seems to have been missed.

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

I would rather we wait. We'll have a formal errata thread once the fully laid-out backer PDF goes out.
        If people have larger issues of the sort where rules are particularly unclear and preventing them from playing the game, absolutely bring them up: we want you to play, and Neall is happily offering clarifications in those examples.

However, a full errata of all the nitty-gritty is outside the scope of this thread for now.

Ian A. A. Watson(he/she)
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• GoblinSociety
          • Dec 2017

I mentioned it in the PDF release thread, but I'm pretty confused by how the connections rules work, and I haven't seen an explanation elsewhere. It seems like every time you invoke connections to speak to a contact, that contact (Who starts at one dot and one tag) picks up two more dots and tags. Is this correct? Do these persist after the session, or do they reset and just indicate how tied-in that contact is to the current story? Do you need to use invocations to get access (Like, say, would using a detective path to get access to a forensic lab eat one of your invocations, or is that only for calling others in for help?)? I might be confused because I'm missing something, but I'm honestly now sure how to use connections in play.

Edit: As a followup, I'd kind of like to see an example of access connections for a path or two, because while I can kind of guess that, for a society path of 'Chosen Hero Adopted By Thor' the groups are mythical creatures and worshippers, and the contacts are specific people from the groups, but I've got no idea what kind of practical facilities that would get me access to.
          Last edited by GoblinSociety; 01-28-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• VioletDreamer
            • Dec 2017

Okay, this is something that's really seriously inhibiting my understanding of how the combat rules work...

It's not totally clear how Injury Conditions are applied. There's this part...

Originally posted by Scion Origins, Resolving Damage
            Any time the character takes damage, he must take an Injury Condition. His player chooses to take a Bruised, Injured, or Maimed Condition, if available. If none are available, he is Taken Out.
            So this is pretty clear! Where I get sort of confused is after describing Bruised, Injured and Maimed (while providing examples of the specific Injury Conditions that manifest for each one) we then get to weapon tags, which say stuff like:

Originally posted by Scion Origins, Weapon Tags
            Aggravated (2): This weapon deals grievous magical damage, such as a blade made of raw fire or lightning, or the revealed face of a God. Aggravated Injury Conditions are things like Burned Off Completely and Melted Flesh and can only be healed by magical abilities. This is meant expressly for magical and supernatural sources of injury.

Bashing (0): This weapon deals blunt force damage. The tag allows for the Broken and Battered Injury Conditions. It cannot be used to slice or sever objects (or limbs).

Lethal (0): The weapon deals lethal damage, which can lead to serious injury. This tag allows for the Scratched, Cut, or Bleeding Out Injury Conditions. A weapon with this tag cannot inflict the Bruised or Battered Injury Conditions
            Is the idea that a weapon which deals Lethal damage cannot have the player choose to allocate its damage to the Bruised Conditions? Or that Bashing weapons can't afflict more than Bruised Conditions?

I understand how Defense works now, so this is the last sort of mystery for me, any help is appreciated!

Violet Green, Freelancer

Comment

• Mexxell
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by VioletDreamer View Post
              Is the idea that a weapon which deals Lethal damage cannot have the player choose to allocate its damage to the Bruised Conditions? Or that Bashing weapons can't afflict more than Bruised Conditions?
              I think the idea is that Lethal and Bashing lead to different Conditions, but not the level? Like the "Scratched" would be the -1 Damage condition for a lethal weapon, "Cut" for -2, and "Bleeding Out" for -4, while the Bashing counterparts would be Bruised, Broken, and Battered. That's how I interpret it, but the wording is kinda confusing.

Comment

• Limited Reagent
                • Nov 2013

I have a general question: It says on pg 119, Knacks, that without a Legend trait anyone with access to supernatural Knacks can only keep one at a time. But pg 107, Step Six: Finishing Touches, says you can get two more Knacks. And just two paragraphs up under Step Five: Calling and Knacks, it says an Origins-level character may only possess one Knack at a time.

What I get from this is that you can have multiple Knacks, but you'd need to swap out which one is active as a Tweak after a session. The wording seems to contradict a bit, so I'm looking for some clarification here.

Book of the Emerald Circle
                Custom Sidereal Charms
                Expanded Sidereal Linguistics

Comment

• Wickedgrail
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Limited Reagent View Post
                  I have a general question: It says on pg 119, Knacks, that without a Legend trait anyone with access to supernatural Knacks can only keep one at a time. But pg 107, Step Six: Finishing Touches, says you can get two more Knacks. And just two paragraphs up under Step Five: Calling and Knacks, it says an Origins-level character may only possess one Knack at a time.

What I get from this is that you can have multiple Knacks, but you'd need to swap out which one is active as a Tweak after a session. The wording seems to contradict a bit, so I'm looking for some clarification here.
                  Maybe the only way to have more than 1 knack is with "bonus points".

Comment

• saedar
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Limited Reagent View Post

Neall clarified in one of the other threads: Basically, you can have some number of Knacks but only one can be active at a time. You can swap your "active" Knack at the end of the session.

Comment

• Demac
                      • Feb 2014

So it doesn't look like you get to add a skill to your dice pool when you Defend. Am I reading that correctly?

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                      Exalted: Seats of Power is a homebrewed manse creation system.
                      I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.
                      I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• Tarion
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Demac View Post
                        So it doesn't look like you get to add a skill to your dice pool when you Defend. Am I reading that correctly?
                        That's my read of it. Defence is just straight Attribute (Or 2x Attribute for a Full Defense)

It strongly rewards [Soft] armour, which is roughly equivalent to 3 extra Defence dice. Take Soft armour any time you can.

Comment

• GoblinSociety
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by GoblinSociety View Post
                          I mentioned it in the PDF release thread, but I'm pretty confused by how the connections rules work, and I haven't seen an explanation elsewhere. It seems like every time you invoke connections to speak to a contact, that contact (Who starts at one dot and one tag) picks up two more dots and tags. Is this correct? Do these persist after the session, or do they reset and just indicate how tied-in that contact is to the current story? Do you need to use invocations to get access (Like, say, would using a detective path to get access to a forensic lab eat one of your invocations, or is that only for calling others in for help?)? I might be confused because I'm missing something, but I'm honestly now sure how to use connections in play.

Edit: As a followup, I'd kind of like to see an example of access connections for a path or two, because while I can kind of guess that, for a society path of 'Chosen Hero Adopted By Thor' the groups are mythical creatures and worshippers, and the contacts are specific people from the groups, but I've got no idea what kind of practical facilities that would get me access to.

Quoting myself because now that the Trinity previews are out, which I believe this was based on, the way contacts work makes even less sense. In Trinity, characters get one contact dot and tag per dot in a path, and increasing a path will be fairly rare. In Scion, invoking paths giving contact dots and tags seems like it would balloon remarkably fast, with a character potentially having a level 3 contact the first time they get in touch with them, and level 5 the next. Is that intentional, or am I misreading how it works in Scion?
                          Last edited by GoblinSociety; 01-31-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Yig1015w
                            • Nov 2015

I have two things that are confusing in their current state. The piercing property references to Armor Value. I assume Armor Value is no longer a thing in the game and that it is a thing from a old version.

The other, several locations the book asks for you to roll agility and even one time agility and dex. Is this supposed to be Athletics?

Comment

• Yig1015w
                              • Nov 2015

Oh yea, something else that I've been wondering even more that I've seen the Deer Women and the Therianthropes. What are the tags for a bareknuckle or hoof style/natural unarmed attack? How are they handled? Do Brass knuckles count as a unarmed attack or just another style of weapon that happens to worn? Id assume going complete bareknuckle may help u with grappling or something but maybe the intent here is that pure unarmed is only used when u have a knack or specific bonus that makes it worthwhile... otherwise its always better to have a weapon.

Could u possibly give us some insight into this? I know a player of mine is going to want to use pure bareknuckle fighting.

Comment

• Úlfhéðnar
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post
                                I have two things that are confusing in their current state. The piercing property references to Armor Value. I assume Armor Value is no longer a thing in the game and that it is a thing from a old version.
                                Hard 1 and Hard 3 each provide a single extra point of bruised health box, so i assume when it says to reduce armor value by 1, it means to remove one of those boxes.

Comment

Working...