• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
    Ashnak Here's what it says about Defending:

If attacks are phyicals, you use Stamina
    If they are mentals, you use Resolve
    if they are socials, you use Composure

So, I don't think Might applies to Rihannon.

But Dodging with Stamina... isn't it a bit weird?
    I think Neall mentioned on this forum that defense is supposed to be your Highest Physical, rather than Highest Resistance.

Edit: At least for combat.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Oh, in this case.

And dodging? :/

Comment

I really hope the final book includes an example of combat so detailed as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedgrail View Post
          Oh, in this case.

And dodging? :/
          You dodge with Dexterity, block with Might, or suck it up with Stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDragon View Post

You dodge with Dexterity, block with Might, or suck it up with Stamina.
            I really hope that Neall retracts the statement of defense being highest physical and makes it the highest resistance stat as implied in the rules and listed directly in Trinity. Explosive resolve helping u dodge and survive at all costs, athletic stamina allowing u to parry dodge and overall use your natural advantages, or calmly analizing and avoiding attacks with your composure.

Resistance is balanced. Physical double dips. If you read the scion preview it specifically comments that a calm colective person or something related to resolve could dodge with equal alacrity. In ()s it directly lists the resistance stats... the only flub is the word phsyical is used to describe what resistance you use. Read that section closer. Its very clear highest resistance was the intent... unless Neall wants scion to calculate defense 100% differently than Trinity or maybe both games intended it to be highest physical and somehow the writer wrote the complete opposite.

This is all very frustrating without confirmation despite that fact we are all clearly unsure on what should be an important aspect of the game. (Especially if they want us to be able to play with what we have which was directly stated by Ian in the errors thread). A 3 second post to clarify would be great...
            Last edited by Yig1015w; 02-10-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yig1015w View Post

I really hope that Neall retracts the statement of defense being highest physical and makes it the highest resistance stat as implied in the rules and listed directly in Trinity. Explosive resolve helping u dodge and survive at all costs, athletic stamina allowing u to parry dodge and overall use your natural advantages, or calmly analizing and avoiding attacks with your composure.

Resistance is balanced. Physical double dips. If you read the scion preview it specifically comments that a calm colective person or something related to resolve could dodge with equal alacrity. In ()s it directly lists the resistance stats... the only flub is the word phsyical is used to describe what resistance you use. Read that section closer. Its very clear highest resistance was the intent... unless Neall wants scion to calculate defense 100% differently than Trinity or maybe both games intended it to be highest physical and somehow the writer wrote the complete opposite.

This is all very frustrating without confirmation despite that fact we are all clearly unsure on what should be an important aspect of the game. (Especially if they want us to be able to play with what we have which was directly stated by Ian in the errors thread). A 3 second post to clarify would be great...
              Consider it thusly retracted and marked for errata. Resist with whatever you like or is most clear with your Resistance trait.

Neall Raemonn Price
              Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                Consider it thusly retracted and marked for errata. Resist with whatever you like or is most clear with your Resistance trait.
                Awesome. Thank you for letting us know. Very glad this has been cleared up. Didn't mean to sound too gruff or frustrated in the above post, it was just sort of my mood at the time of typing it out. Keep on keeping on.

Comment

At 4 stamina should Eric have 3 bruised condition boxes, since it says you round up?

Comment

Originally posted by trebius View Post
                    At 4 stamina should Eric have 3 bruised condition boxes, since it says you round up?
                    Originally posted by Full Text preview page 108
                    Every character has an Injury Condition tracker. Every character has four levels of Injury at character creation: Bruised, Injured, Maimed, and Taken Out. Add an additional Bruised slot if your character’s Stamina is 3 or 4, or two additional Bruised Slots if their Stamina is 5.
                    Eric's is only 4, meaning he has two Bruised.

Comment

Nevermind, already noted.
                      Last edited by haydenmccullen; 02-13-2018, 04:58 PM. Reason: Forgot this was the very forum where Neall clarified :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ashnak View Post

Eric's is only 4, meaning he has two Bruised.
                        Huh, that makes this piece emphasizing rounding up on page 137 a little confusing for me.
                        Originally posted by Full text preview page 137
                        Calculating Injury Conditions: Anyone can take the Bruised or Maimed Condition levels (or the equivalents thereof caused by weapons). With a Stamina rating of 1, they can take Injured (create a small box for the level). For every additional 2 above (round up), the character can take one additional Bruised Condition. Scale can add directly to this, creating one additional Bruised Condition per Scale level.

Comment

Working...
                        X