Storypath Combat 101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashnak View Post
    I plan on it, but we have the minor problem that the heroes provided in Hero are only Eric and Emanuel. The others still have their Origins stats. I originally planned to just re-play the Eric/Rhiannon fight, so I now need to rewrite things whole-cloth.

You're in luck! All Origin characters have been included in the latest Hero release!

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Something I haven't been clear on with the examples vs the rules: You spend successes on an attack roll for attack stunts. There are two listed that seem counterintuitive (1s: do a damage, and 4s: do an additional damage); what's preventing someone from just buying 4 1s damage stunts?

Comment

Unless the text of the stunt says otherwise you can't buy the same stunt twice.

Comment

Also of note there have been some tweaks to the rules since this was done. Most notably Damage is now 0s.

Comment

I think it's implicit in the rules that the base Inflict Damage only applies once and additional damage must be bought using the Critical stunt. This is consistent with the low number of health levels and the mechanics of the Brutal tag for weapons. It also says under Damage and Scale that "a character with a higher Scale rating may purchase the Inflict Damage Stunt an additional time for each Scale rank they have above their opponent." That wording implies that a character can only purchase Inflict Damage once when they don't have a Scale advantage. It could stand to be stated clearer.

Comment

Yeah, there's a rule that you can only ever buy any stunt once per action. While that may have been easily overlooked and necessitating a reiteration when Damage was 1s, now that it is 0s, it becomes less of an easy mistake.

Comment

Working...
              X