The bare handed blade block.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bare handed blade block.

How would you do this in scion? wich mechanic?? dodge? parry? maybe a relic?? (this is a bet with my friends - we're not drunk.)

What do you think about a relic that allows you to do this ONCE at fight (maybe once at session)?? adding the rule that doesn't work agains the higher rank tier.

https://s1.thcdn.com/design-assets/p...5/image107.jpg (to understand what i mean)

Hmmmmm. I'd Say the Epix Dexterity is the way to go.

Comment

...1e or 2e?

E: I ask, because stunting in 1e allows you to parry lethal attacks unarmed, and in 2e I legitimately can't name a rule that says you *cant* apply defence against lethal attacks unarmed.

So, uh, basically, in either edition, the rule would seem to be 'describe it'.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Hmmmmm. I'd Say the Epix Dexterity is the way to go.
        For blocking a sword with your bare hand? That sounds like an Epic Stamina thing

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

For blocking a sword with your bare hand? That sounds like an Epic Stamina thing

Yes, this is my question.

because strenght can fits well too, to have the strenght to stop a blade.

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post

Yes, this is my question.

because strenght can fits well too, to have the strenght to stop a blade.
            Though Horngeek makes a good point. What edition are you talking about? In 1e, you just need to jazz up the description of your block. In 2e, there doesn't need to really be a reason you can't do it.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Fundamentally, unless you're trying to disarm your opponent as well, this is... basically a stunt, in the description sense rather than the Storypath sense. It's not the sort of thing I'd require a feat or Knack or Boon for.

Comment

talking about 2E

let's say that: a giant skeleton samurai is slowy crushing his ancient but giant blade on me

What attribute should have my character to bare hand block the blade?? (and wich epic should have)

Comment

Originally posted by ElanConnor View Post
                  talking about 2E

let's say that: a giant skeleton samurai is slowy crushing his ancient but giant blade on me

What attribute should have my character to bare hand block the blade?? (and wich epic should have)
                  I think your defense will be rolled using your highest Physical Attribute (or your highest Resilience, but I've seen Neall say the highest Physical).

If you manage to accumulate more successes on defense (say through the Full Defense action) to block the giant sword, then congrats, be awesome.

As for knowing what Epic to have... Search me. We don't actually know what the bonuses or Boons of the Epic Attributes are yet. Those are in Heroes.

But if say, the giant skeleton only accumulates say, 3 successes on his attack even counting Scale, and you manage to pump your Defense up to like 5 with a good rolled Defense. At that point, you manage to defend, and your GM will probably agree that you can say you just caught that sword over your head, like a freaking champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                    I think your defense will be rolled using your highest Physical Attribute (or your highest Resilience, but I've seen Neall say the highest Physical).

If you manage to accumulate more successes on defense (say through the Full Defense action) to block the giant sword, then congrats, be awesome.

As for knowing what Epic to have... Search me. We don't actually know what the bonuses or Boons of the Epic Attributes are yet. Those are in Heroes.

But if say, the giant skeleton only accumulates say, 3 successes on his attack even counting Scale, and you manage to pump your Defense up to like 5 with a good rolled Defense. At that point, you manage to defend, and your GM will probably agree that you can say you just caught that sword over your head, like a freaking champion.

fuck yeah.

Comment

Working...
                    X