Deity Wish List for Members of Upcoming Pantheons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deity Wish List for Members of Upcoming Pantheons

I realized that we have a thread requesting new pantheons and a thread requesting new members for existing pantheons, but not a thread requesting specific deities for pantheons that haven't been included yet. For this thread, I'd like to know which deities people would like to see the most for pantheons that aren't in the game yet, the less obvious, the better.

Wait, so you're asking about the deities we want to see in other Pantheons, not additional ones for the 10 Pantheons in Hero?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Yes. For instance, which specific Bogovi, Atua, Anunna, etc. you'd like to see.

Comment

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, the deity I'm most looking forward to is Asherah. There's just something fascinating about the way she was thrown down the memory hole in order to make room for patriarchal monotheism.

Comment

Which pantheons are supposed to be in the forthcoming books?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            Which pantheons are supposed to be in the forthcoming books?
            Companion: Loa (afro-Caribbean), Nemetondevos (Gaulish), Yazata (Persian)

Demigod: Eastern Slavic (Bogovi?), Anunna (Mesopotamian), Maya (K’uh?), Atua (Polynesian), EITHER the Navajo/Apachean (Diyin Dine’e?) or the Inca (Apu?)

Arthurian supplement: Plant Don (Welsh)

God: Elohim (Canaanite/Phoenician), probably whichever of the Diyin Dine’e or Apu didn’t make it into Demigod, the Palas (Vajrayana Buddhist), some form of Aboriginal Australian

Mentioned as possible with no book indicated: Anga (Guarani)

Others i’d particularly hope for: Kachina (Hopi/Puebloan), Inue (Inuit), Jumalat (Finnish), Tngri (Mongol/Turkic), Milungu (Nyanga), Diwata (Tagalog), Shiunesh (Hittite, possibly a dead Pantheon like the Nemetondevos), fleshing out more gods and cosmology of the Orenda (Iroquis even as they share Virtues and Purview with the Manitou), same for the distinctly Roman “Numina”, possibly the Wakanpi (Plains Siouan)
            Last edited by glamourweaver; 02-21-2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

I'd love to see Ayizan, the Loa of the marketplace and commerce, because gods and goddesses of business are always fun. Her husband, Loco, the Loa of healers and plants, is also a potentially fun one.

If the Numina get their own thing, Laverna, the goddess of thieves, cheats and the underworld would be potentially cool.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

I'd like expansion on gods who are part of another's writeup. Like expanded Mantle stuff for gods with several famous ones, or talk about Mictlantechutli a bit since his mechanics were slipped into his wife's writeup but not much about him directly.

I don't know if that's actually what this thread is about, but I love the idea of expanded fluff for these kinds of things since as it is, they're given a bit but not as much as I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                  If the Numina get their own thing, Laverna, the goddess of thieves, cheats and the underworld would be potentially cool.
                  Yeah, she's in my notes who would need to show up as something other than simply a Mantle for one of the Theoi. One of the only goddesses on that list actually. The big ones are Janus of course, and then the three deified "fathers" of Rome who I imagine ruling the Numina (in the name of Jupiter of course) as an imperial Triumvriate.

Pater Indiges (Aeneas, Scion of Venus)
                  Quirinus (Romulus, Scion of Mars - he inherited the Mantle from a Sabine War god he slew)
                  Divis Julius (Julius Caesar, Scion of Venus)

I can think of a lot of related lesser divinities under their authority (Rhea Silvia, Tiberinus, Juturna, Fontus, the various other deified emperors and deified relatives, etc) but obviously most of the big names are Theoi Mantles thanks to wear they cribbed their myths from and patched onto their separately existing religion (though in the World, lets defer to their own myths about themselves and assume the Latins were always Olympian worshipers by way of Aeneas).

Comment

After Moana, I'd love to see Maui and Pele get a mention in Demigod.

That I have a concept character who's a daughter of Pele is completely unrelated

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

It occurs to me that a Wild West book would be a cool place to include several Native pantheons.

Comment

For the Greeks I'd like Iris, Demeter, Hestia, Hecate, and Heracles, included.

For the Egyptians l'd like Hathor and Nephtis (forgive my spelling)

For the Tuatha l'd like some changes like the death purview for Brigid. The only thing Brigid does in the mythological cycle is invent keening, a formal mourning for the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                          For the Greeks I'd like Iris, Demeter, Hestia, Hecate, and Heracles, included.
                          Unless something has changed, Hestia and Demeter are already present in Hero.

Jason Ross Inczauskis
                          Freelance Writer
                          Currently writing: Dark Eras 2, TC In Media Res
                          Previous projects: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action (Alban, Beelzebub, Oxblood Mold, Whispering Oak); C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

As long as I get Pele, Hecate, Ahura Mazda and Ahriman together and as much Annuna as possible, I'm cool.

I could use a Camazotz too, but I can live without him all things considered

EDIT: I might be mistaken, but I read somewhere that we'll have indeed Demeter (and Persephone) already in Hero. Not 100% sure, I try to stay out of everything as my personal way to deal with hype and time. That stuck because I have a predilection for them as well.
                            Last edited by Cinder; 02-24-2018, 12:33 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder View Post

EDIT: I might be mistaken, but I read somewhere that we'll have indeed Demeter (and Persephone) already in Hero. Not 100% sure, I try to stay out of everything as my personal way to deal with hype and time. That stuck because I have a predilection for them as well.
                              Demeter and Persephone are slated to be in the core yes.

As for my personal hopes, Ishtar for the Anunna, Pele for the Atua, pretty much any of the Alihah but especially the triad of Al-Uzza Al-Lat and Manat, Anahita for the Yazata and Radegast for the Bogovi.

Comment

Working...
                              X