The Scion: Hero error/question thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scion: Hero error/question thread

Well, nobody else has started one, so I guess it's mine to start?

1. Guide Asset Skills: Described as "as Path Asset Skills, but the Scion doesn't get +1 to these", but I can't find where that is clarified. The Crane Guide seems to indicate that you get a bonus to Athletics and/or Pilot, but not if the +1 bonus isn't a thing.
    2. Relics and magic for pregen characters: Eric and Emmanuel have Birthrights and Boons, but they don't have ranks shown for their three Callings. Hassan, Rashmi, and Rhiannon look like they still have their Origins character sheets: Only one Calling, no Birthrights, and no Boons.
    3. Character creation inconsistency: Some sections say 4 points in Callings, but Neal stated elsewhere that characters should have 5 points total.

The Netjer use their proper names in their chapter, and their Greek names in their entire rest of the book.

Set gets mentiomed under the Relationships section of the Aesir Pantheon, rather than under the Other Pantheons header.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      The Netjer use their proper names in their chapter, and their Greek names in their entire rest of the book.
      Quite the hill to die on, but you seem to be the only one that cares. It's even mentioned in the book as to why they do this in the "Get Them to the Greek" Side bar. It's the same reasoning as to why they use the Greek names for the Theoi instead of their Roman names. It's what they are most commonly known by modern followers. So I for one am perfectly fine with the game using the names that my players and I will recognize.

Comment

In the callings section they seem to have forgotten the Teotl in each callings list of god.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
        Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
        Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

A couple smaller ones I noticed.

The Aesir Pantheon Path in Chapter Two don't actually mention what the Asset Skills for the path are. The Aesir Pantheon Appendix in Origin says that they're Close Combat and Occult, but they should honestly mention that.

The Teotl Patheon Path has THREE Asset Skills, which are Close Combat, Culture, and Empathy. Not only is this one Skill too many, but in Origin the two Asset Skills for the Teotl are listed as Athletics and Culture. Something to fix.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

My suggestion regarding names: Use popular names in the main sections, because most players will know those. Then include historically accurate names in the pronounciation guide that should also be in the books. Win/Win!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Snit View Post
              My suggestion regarding names: Use popular names in the main sections, because most players will know those. Then include historically accurate names in the pronounciation guide that should also be in the books. Win/Win!
              ... You mean the way it already is? They way that Lex is complaining about? That way?

Comment

The Heroic Leader Knacks "Captain of Industry" and "Inspirational Aura" are literally word-for-word identical...I imagine one of them is meant to be different?
                Last edited by Eltheriond; 03-15-2018, 07:39 PM. Reason: Missed a word

Comment

Originally posted by Eltheriond View Post
                  The Heroic Leader Knacks "Captain of Industry" and "Inspirational Aura" are literally word-for-word identical...I imagine one of them is meant to be different?
                  ... *Checks*

That's odd. Inspirational Aura doesn't seem to be in Origin. Maybe Inspirational Aura is an old name that got changed and then got double-pasted?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

A very minor thing, but one I was surprised by: gods such as Aphrodite and Freya, both often noted as being noted for their beauty, often above all other things, lack Beauty as a perview.

This could be intentional, but I found it strange and wanted to mention it in case it was an oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post
                      Quite the hill to die on, but you seem to be the only one that cares. It's even mentioned in the book as to why they do this in the "Get Them to the Greek" Side bar. It's the same reasoning as to why they use the Greek names for the Theoi instead of their Roman names. It's what they are most commonly known by modern followers. So I for one am perfectly fine with the game using the names that my players and I will recognize.
                      I think you are speaking too soon on thinking that no one cares. There is a very good reason that it is and should be consistently the same throughout the book. It is a book that needs to referenced at the table and usability at the table should take precedent over readability and common terminology.

I have a difficult enough time with the various names that I don't want to have to juggle and waste time looking up various sobriquets just so that I can properly reference the gods that I need to if I am interested in the various story hooks that mention dieties throughout the book.

I feel that they should choose one naming convention over the other, but they should stick with whichever they choose, because otherwise, the book fails as a reference that I can use at the table. Anything that slows down table reference should be limited as much possible.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
                      -Zhuangzi

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranth01 View Post
                        A very minor thing, but one I was surprised by: gods such as Aphrodite and Freya, both often noted as being noted for their beauty, often above all other things, lack Beauty as a perview.

This could be intentional, but I found it strange and wanted to mention it in case it was an oversight.
                        Neall's aware, from the Discord.

As in, a few days ago he dropped a comment onto the Discord to the effect of "Oh dangit, I forgot to give Aphrodite Beauty!"

I think we can safely say that Aphrodite will have Beauty. Freya will as well, I made sure to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostarion View Post

I think you are speaking too soon on thinking that no one cares. There is a very good reason that it is and should be consistently the same throughout the book. It is a book that needs to referenced at the table and usability at the table should take precedent over readability and common terminology.

I have a difficult enough time with the various names that I don't want to have to juggle and waste time looking up various sobriquets just so that I can properly reference the gods that I need to if I am interested in the various story hooks that mention dieties throughout the book.

I feel that they should choose one naming convention over the other, but they should stick with whichever they choose, because otherwise, the book fails as a reference that I can use at the table. Anything that slows down table reference should be limited as much possible.
                          I don't think you disagree with me as much as you think. I too wish that they had just used one set of names, the Greek ones, and had the ancient Egyptian ones that almost no one who's not an Egyptologist or a hipster uses as secondary titles underneath. Even the few Kemetic's that I know personally use the Greek names for their Gods.

Comment

So, the various Specializable Purviews list how you can narrow your focus down to one aspect of the general Purview... but what about deities like Ganesh or Ra, who have multiple specialties while not being generalists either? How do you get Artistry (Dance, Flower Arranging) as a Scion?

Comment

Take relics that give you access to the purview multiple times, same as any other purview I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X