The Scion: Hero error/question thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sessha, I'll let you in on a secret.

Gods are stupidly easy to stat up yourself. Pick three appropriate feeling Callings, maybe by reading their Wikipedia page, and pick a handful of Purviews. You want your Fire-Innate Kami Scion, you can make Kojin yourself.

Also, literally nothing stops you from getting Fire through a Relic or a Guide. This isn't like 1e, where going outside the specialties of your parents hits you with a major XP tax. You want a burning sword for your divine Samurai? Go nuts. You want Kojin as a Guide to teach your Scion the mysteries of the sacred flame? Aces.

But majorly... The Patrons list in the writeups is in no way, shape, or form meant to be comprehensive. In an earlier draft of the Deva Pantheon, Kali didn't have an entry, with intentions to add her later.

Then our own Samudra wrote a great bio for her on this forum and it was used as a base for her entry in the Hero book, IIRC
    Last edited by Kyman201; 04-28-2018, 09:56 AM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• I do thank you for the advice. I do really thank you. As much as I have said before most of 2e has left a bitter taste in mouth. The only two things so far that have REALLY REALLY REALLY impressed with was the retooling of the Aesir and lesser extent the Shen PSPs. Again I can't express how badly they needed a retooling of their PSP. It was just so...useless in 1e. Did I mention how much love the new Aesir PSP? It makes me want to play a scion of the Aesir if just for that particular purview alone. And the Shen..bureaumancers! All I'm going to say on that one. Bureaumancers. Yes I'm still laughing about the concept(in a gleeful happy sort of way.) Mostly because well it's just so out there a concept that it's honestly kind of funny. Again in a good way.

Comment

• So this is a small one, hell I dunno if it should be posted here...

Page 102 of the Hero Manuscript, where it's talking about the cosmology of the Manitou, it has a typo in the second paragraph under "Underworld". "Terra Incognitia" instead of "Terra Incognita". Might want to edit that.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• So a mechanics question. You all mentioned to me about the Aesir's new PSP being something about runic based. How exactly is that suppose to work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sessha View Post
            So a mechanics question. You all mentioned to me about the Aesir's new PSP being something about runic based. How exactly is that suppose to work?
            That's not their PSP, that's their Pantheon Motif. Slight difference.

You know how in 1e if you didn't have the right Boon to do something with your Purview you were SOL? There's a sidestep to that with what are called Marvels. Freeform but more expensive divine workings.

Each Pantheon has a Motif with which to work these Marvels, each one drawing in what each base culture considers to be their magical tradition.

For example, a Scion of the Aesir can work Marvels through their Motif of weaving magic or use of runes. So if your Scion of Skadi wants to use the Frost Purview to cause a snowstorm to block out traffic or something. They could whip out a loom or another weaving tool like a distaff to weave Fate to influence the weather, or carve tunes into a nearby hill to bring in a mysterious cold front, without a Boon.

The Tuatha Motif is "Magic flows from Verse and Satire", so a Tuatha Scion with Epic Dex could chant a poem about how they're so light on their feet that they can run on the wind to imitate the effects of the flight Boon despite not having it. Though at a higher cost.

Edit: As for the Aesir's PSP... Wyrd is about how the Aesir have a VERY heavy tie to Fates, personal and grand. I mean, a big part of their drama is that they know how the world ends and how they die, and the harder they struggle the tighter this fate pulls.

Wyrd's innate power is "Something terrible is going to happen to you. Gain momentum when trying to avoid this gets you in trouble, or if you come across circumstances that echo it". It has Boons that let you basically cast runes or weave or do something to predict the future and gain bonuses to help bring it about, and one that can be used to spell out doom for those you curse.
            Last edited by Kyman201; 07-19-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X