Things One Can No Longer Do In Scion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things One Can No Longer Do In Scion

In the vein of the Things One Can No Longer Do In Exalted thread, which itself is of course a sendup to the infamous Mister Welch List. List Shenanigans, or pre-emptively ban them at your table.

1. Keep in mind, Death Scions, you get one and precisely ONE use of the Michael Jackson Thriller Dance. Use it wisely.
    1a. That's not one per session, one per story, or one per saga. That's one period.

2. Yes, the Kami's Pantheon Signature Purview lets you talk to the Kami of ANY earthly object. However, expect the Storyguide to put their foot down on convincing the Kami of a Trivial Character's clothing to engage in some on-demand Wardrobe Malfunctions.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

3: There is no possible why in which attempting to put your Minotaur out to stud will end well.

4: Min-Maxing for combat is acceptable, Min-Maxing for jumping distance is weird.

5: No matter if you both hate the guy, getting a gorgon to look into someone's peephole than knocking on their door is just wrong.

Comment

6: I will not discuss shipping with Deifans or ever let the gods know about it.
      6a: This is especially true for Loki and Sutekh. The might actually follow up on it.
      6b: Don't ever acknowledge the Zeus/Apep one. Ever. Don't even think about it.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

On 6a. I'm pretty sure that already happened... And the resulting offspring may or may not have been in San Francisco in 1906, and Siberia in 1908...

But then, maybe I'm just a Deifan!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

7. I will not ask if Hephaestus has ever made something for another pantheon
          8. I will not offer to make Hephaestus something
          9. I will not call any god a cripple
          9a. Especially you know who

Comment

!0: I will not start the game with 11 one dot creatures...
            11: I also won't ask the gm how many dots a nemean Tartigrade is.

Comment

Originally posted by vonpenguin View Post
              11: I also won't ask the gm how many dots a nemean Tartigrade is.
              12: I will not ask the GM to allow Hide Armor made of Tardigrade hide, nor Hide Armor made out of living Tardigrades

Comment

13: My Kami character is not allowed to aspire to being the God of Moe.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

14. I may not give my Juggernaut-esc near untouchable powerhouse villain that requires serious teamwork to even hit; "Monkey in the Middle"
                  15. A Manipulation based villain using "Perfect Partner" or "Between the ticks" and "Overt Order" to cancel the party's Coordinated Assault is just plain dirty.
                  16. I may not have my villains use frankly superior combat tactics to my players.
                  16a. Even if the players are all blundering idiots with only two having any idea of teamwork.

Comment

17 - I won't let the party replace Aten with a girl from Jersey. The last time it happened, she immediately blew up Jersey.

18 - I won't let my party members mutilate themselves repeatedly for wisdom and power. Especially when they try to carve an entire library into their own bones.

19 - I will insist that my players with Animal stop communicating in nothing but CAAAAAAAWWWWSS.

Comment

20. If I am a Kami Scion with the Lover Mantle, I may not be of high school age and/or have all my positive Fatebindings and Followers be of the gender I am attracted to. I am not the only main character and romcom aspects get real annoying real quickly.

20a: Especially if all the other characters are of the gender I an attracted to.

20b: Double if the other players are of a gender I am attracted to.

20c: These rules are waived if I am bisexual, but I must have all characters passed through the Impromptu Anti-Crap Harem Comittee before approval.

20d: Little sisters will be actually biological siblings and Fatebound only negatively or as Boon Companions/Canaries/Jinxies, should I be waived for these rules. Attempting to violate will enable IACHC to retrieve two-by-fours for five minutes.

Comment

21: Beast Purview (Dogs) is fine, Beast Purview (Corgis) is not

22: Even if it's mundane item semantics wise, no amount of forge boons are going to let you jury-rig nuclear bombs
                        Last edited by Darkfoxdev; 03-18-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iry View Post

18 - I won't let my party members mutilate themselves repeatedly for wisdom and power. Especially when they try to carve an entire library into their own bones.
                          Odin got to do it at least twice!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

23: I may not lay a geas on my enemies to make them do the hokey pokey every time a phone rings and then hand out their number to every spam telemarketer in the country.

Comment

24. Don't provoke the Forge Gods into a competition to see who can make the best sword in existence, just for the express purpose of stealing the winning sword.

Comment

Working...
                              X