Discussion on Associated Purviews of the Gods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post

Well presumably That Rock would be shaped like a baby so i do think there would be inspiration for a Created type of scion there.

Also, minor nitpick, i apologise but Kronos (or Cronus) is the one who ate That Rock and Zeus' siblings. Chronos is the greek god of time.
    Eee gads! Do you know what this means! It means we know the origin of the clay used to shape Wonder Woman! Shocking! Dun Dun Dun!

Ah I see. I always thought it was spelled with a "C" Ah well learn something new everyday I suppose. Since I know how it's spelled I'll use it in the future.

Comment

It can be spelled with a C. The only difference between Cronus the King of the Titans and Chronus God of Time is whether or not it has an h

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Okay that's fair. But I mean Athena invented lots of stuff like flutes, chariots, ships ect, but she only has Supernal Weaving skills.

Sometimes gods are heralded animals or symbolized by them quite strongly but they don't always get a connection with them.

Poseidon is attributed to being the God of Horses, in addition to being the God of the Sea and God of Earthquakes.

I don't know much about Celtic mythology, but is Manannan mac Lir's divinity associated with horses, or does he simply have one on hand?

Because Thor has a pair of self resurrecting goats, and I don't recall him being the God of Goats.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
          It can be spelled with a C. The only difference between Cronus the King of the Titans and Chronus God of Time is whether or not it has an h
          Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sessha View Post
            I can see what you mean about the Greek being very versatile. Honestly if it came down to it pound for pound a melee Greek Scion would have a much greater chance of winning in a fight with his sword against a similar kitted out scion largely because of their Arte dice pool being used to add more dice or using dice to do re-rolls. Which I do admit is actually pretty damn boss of an ability. Though trying to max out your Arte on all your skills could get...expensive and would reach a point where you would have o ask yourself was it really worth the XP cost?
            In terms of mechanical use, Arete was probably the best bang for your buck in 1e, overall.

In terms of being exciting or interesting, Arete was terrible. It was probably the dullest Purview of 1e. Even if other Purviews were markedly less useful (Jotenblut, Prophecy) but "More Dice!" is insomnia-curing in how dull it is.

Okay, more dice or rerolls. Very useful, but still dull

Originally posted by Sessha View Post
            Eh flimsy at best as far as I'm concerned. As for your story and such...eh it's about on par with the one I remember about Loki so we are both in the same boat on that one.
            Also, Loki's set to fight I think Heimdall to a standstill come Ragnarok, so the dude was never a wimp.

Combined with "Causes Earthquakes through his struggles against his bonds" and "Remember he's a frick-fracking GIANT, like full-blood Giant", it makes perfect sense to me that he has Epic Strength. I mean just because he prefers to use his wits and trickery doesn't mean he can't go "... SCREW IT! PLAN B!" and punch someone in the face.
            Last edited by Kyman201; 04-15-2018, 03:02 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Chronos isn't really a god so much as just a personification of Time, really.

Comment

Originally posted by MorsRattus View Post
                Chronos isn't really a god so much as just a personification of Time, really.

What are the ramifications to castrating the personification of Time?

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

An interesting question indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Aphrodite becomes the goddess of timeless beauty???
                    (thats all i have to offer)

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                    Currently playing: Tomb of Annihilation (DnD5e) - Thulwir, Aasimar Circle of Dream Druid.

Comment

Time is no longer Cyclical, or maybe time is free from predestination.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I thought it was Uranus that was castrated by Cronus?

Comment

Originally posted by Korusef View Post
                          I thought it was Uranus that was castrated by Cronus?
                          Yeah, but we are just rolling with the misconceptions after the Chronos isn't Cronus mention.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

It was a spelling mistake on my part that ended up being a joke, but hey I'm game to roll with it.

Comment

Sorry for the double post here but I have a question about the deities for 2nd Ed. What purviews and such are being associated with Hestia? I was thinking about building her as a playable goddess in 1st since that's what I am running. Also was going to use her as the template for building Kojin since basically him and Hestia about share the same purviews basically. She goddess of fire and hearth and he is a Japanese god of FIRE, hearth and cooking. Yeah I know the Japanese having a fire deity. It's shocking.

Comment

Hestia has Fire, Fortune, Order, and Prosperity.

Comment

Working...
                                X