Headcanons about the World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
    14) [inspired by American Gods] Anpu and Djehuty are a couple. Several deities attributed to one of them as their father, and then given an ambiguous mirror reflection as their mother are actually their shared children. This includes Wepwawet, Seshat, and Kebet-Het.
    Hmm, Anpu must be Bi then since he; a) had a wife, and b) almost killed his own brother for "assaulting" her. (I'm guessing they broke up after that incriminate his brother thing) Of course, everyone by now must know the whole incident with Set and Heru's bid for the throne. I bet Set never wants to see another leaf of lettuce ever again!

Comment

Is the wife you are referring to Anput? His own female aspect?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Deities with a heavy emphasis on the Forge Purview have a tendency to not just give Relics to their children during their visitation. These deities having embodied crafting and having some pride in the art instead want to foster their Scion's creativity first and always offers them a chance to help with the forging of their own personal relic and any input they can give on the design.
        They won't be the sole forgers at that point since they are not yet at the level of their parents' skill but they act as assistants to their parents during the process.

The main Deity I imagine doing this is Hephaestus but I can see other forge gods doing this as well if they truly have pride in their craft, perhaps Goibniu is also a contender.

Comment

Is the wife you are referring to Anput? His own female aspect?
          The myth I read made no such distinction, but that was listed as the wife's name. I didn't even know the Netjer did that, do any of the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post

The myth I read made no such distinction, but that was listed as the wife's name. I didn't even know the Netjer did that, do any of the others?
            A t or et added at the end of a male Khemetic name feminizes it (see the Ogdoad pairs for comparison: Amun & Amunet, etc). I don’t think any primary source is explicit about Anput’s nature, but as she only appears adjunct to Anpu, and her name is just his feminized, that’s the general interpretation i’m familiar with.

Comment

Her-Heru, as a goddess of women and of love, has absolutely stepped into the forefront as one of the World’s more common patrons for lesbians.

(Totally not biased on this one, absolutely not.)

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

The Netjer are all pretty bi, really. And horny as fuck.

Most old myths and tales of folk heroes have been made into TV shows at some point, generally with script consultancy from major cult leaders or even gods themselves.

Comment

In my 1e game, I left the Avengers movie unchanged, since Joss is a Scion of Athena
                  also Loki loves taking the form of Tom Hiddleston

Comment

While Hera is frustrated with the institution of marriage often not being as important as it once was, the increasing recognition of same-sex marriages is a boon to her domain, making she and her cults big supporters of marriage equality. She is conflicted about poly marriages, though, as she doesn't like the idea of Zeus having other wives besides her and would not like to give him ideas in that direction.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Originally posted by danelsan View Post
                      While Hera is frustrated with the institution of marriage often not being as important as it once was, the increasing recognition of same-sex marriages is a boon to her domain, making she and her cults big supporters of marriage equality. She is conflicted about poly marriages, though, as she doesn't like the idea of Zeus having other wives besides her and would not like to give him ideas in that direction.
                      Zeus loathes commitment. I don't see him getting poly married when he already has so much trouble with just the one.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                        Zeus loathes commitment. I don't see him getting poly married when he already has so much trouble with just the one.
                        I don't see Hera as being rational enough to care about things like that.

Comment

Xochipilli would make a great complimentary deity to Her-Heru, as the brilliant god of the LGBT community.

Comment

Originally posted by danelsan View Post
                            By the same measure, as Hera embraces same-sex marriage, Dionysus grows frustrated with mainstreaming assimilation of what was once firmly in his domain.

Comment

By the same measure, as Hera embraces same-sex marriage, Dionysus grows frustrated with mainstreaming assimilation of what was once firmly in his domain.
                              Dionsyos is so happy to have made it to the age of hookup apps, I'm not sure he minds, and I also think there's some icky implications there.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Dionsyos is so happy to have made it to the age of hookup apps, I'm not sure he minds, and I also think there's some icky implications there.
                                It was meant to represent the opinion of some of the more radical queer activists.
                                Last edited by glamourweaver; 03-20-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X