No announcement yet.

Headcanons about the World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consecutive Life Sentences: are now reserved for religions that implement the cycle of reincarnation. As for how the judicial system goes about enforcing these sentences... the general public doesn't like to talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      Consecutive Life Sentences: are now reserved for religions that implement the cycle of reincarnation. As for how the judicial system goes about enforcing these sentences... the general public doesn't like to talk about it.

I would assume Yama (Dharmaraja/Yan Luo/Emma-O) takes that into account so a souls serves their remaining multiple life sentences in Naraka (Diyu/Jigoku) before they're reborn.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

In the Ancient World, it was the norm for every soul to be judged by the pantheon they worshipped in life, or the one closest to the culture they lived in, and thus it was common for people who committed atrocities against other cultures or faiths to still be rewarded for their devotion. The turning point in this norm came between the Roman Mantles of the Theoi and the ascendent Christian Mantles of the Mal'akhim in late antiquity over the soul of Emperor Diocletian. It was that dispute that led to the first inter-pantheon extradition treaty over mortal souls, and a relative policy of tolerance toward mortals keeping their gods (compared with European history in world).

Underworld extradition courts are now accepted institutions of the cosmos.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by mjorkk View Post
          ... If 1% of the population are scions (9% of whom would have the healer calling assuming an even distribution) and 0.1% are visited scions ...
          Are those "official" numbers? I would have put those numbers one or two orders of magnitude lower than that.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertier View Post

Are those "official" numbers? I would have put those numbers one or two orders of magnitude lower than that.
            There are no official numbers. The books note that they're going to why away from official numbers beyond "Scions are pretty rare", and that the number of Scions in the World is "As many as there need to be for your game"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I kind of want to try to create a city setting in the same vein as Chicago by Night and the like with several dozen Scions all in one urban area. The potential for socio-political tomfoolery alone makes me giggle.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Just as there are mortal rebellions against mortal systems of government, so too are their divine rebellions against divine systems of government. This has lead to new pantheons organizing themselves into "divine dictatorships" as their chief deity is habitually replaced by means of a violent coup by their traitorous subjects.

Due to their spiritual and religious significance, a number of recreational and hallucinogenic drugs were never made illegal, as doing so would have angered the pantheons who rely on their usage.

Modern medical treatments have resulted in therianthropy being seen by the public as an "incurable, but manageable" STD.

Comment

Working...
                X