No announcement yet.

Headcanons about the World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what things like video games and movies look like in this world. Is it just assumed that most larger than life heroes (Lara Croft, Indiana Jones, etc) are Scions?

I sadly imagine that there's a negative impact on science fiction. So much SF is based on imagining more exciting worlds, but seems like the Scion world is pretty full of adventure and wonder on it's own. Would things like Star Wars, Star Trek, or Doctor Who be replaced by something more grounded in Mythic Reality? Maybe the Enterprise is an actual ship traveling between the various godly realms and whatnot?

Also not to be trite, but would something like #MeToo be vastly different in the Scion world? I mean, if Zeus shows up, lies about who he is, gets you pregnant, abandons you...I mean, that's not healthy at all. And I'm not trying to be offensive or anything with this, but the power dynamics of a God-mortal relationship are even more screwed up than movie producer-aspiring actress would ever be. Again, I know this is a sensitive topic, but it's not like the Gods have a good track record of not abusing humanity. If a love god or goddess shows up and puts their supernatural whammy on you, can you consent? Is that rape?

I can imagine the legal system having all sorts of different rules and laws regarding crimes committed by Gods and Scions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChewyGranola View Post
      I wonder what things like video games and movies look like in this world. Is it just assumed that most larger than life heroes (Lara Croft, Indiana Jones, etc) are Scions?

I sadly imagine that there's a negative impact on science fiction. So much SF is based on imagining more exciting worlds, but seems like the Scion world is pretty full of adventure and wonder on it's own. Would things like Star Wars, Star Trek, or Doctor Who be replaced by something more grounded in Mythic Reality? Maybe the Enterprise is an actual ship traveling between the various godly realms and whatnot?

I'd say that a chunk of the medieval fantasy genre have become something akin to historical documentaries, rather than fictional stories.

And I don't think Zeus is too big on lying about his identity. If he got somebody pregnant, he made it pretty clear that it was him doing it. Or, if for some reason he chose to remain anonymous, Hera made it pretty damn clear as to who the father was.

As for a legal system, I would say the only judicial system the Gods would answer to is one of their own making. Religion exists in real life, too, and I have never heard of anybody trying to sue / charge a deity for anything. They don't give half a rat's ass about mortal laws and customs. Seriously, the Theoi is probably the most narcissistic pantheon I have ever come across, and the idea of Zeus allowing any mortal to prosecute him is laughable at best.
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 01-04-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChewyGranola View Post
        I wonder what things like video games and movies look like in this world. Is it just assumed that most larger than life heroes (Lara Croft, Indiana Jones, etc) are Scions?

Well, Origins tier is explictly Mortal, and on a rough Action Hero Level, so it can be presumed that there are mortals who are that good.

As for Sci Fi. I think it's pretty much the same, especially Sci Fi like Star Trek, that is about imagining a possible future, and the impact technology can have on peoples lives.

Comment

• Depending on how visible you're putting your Divine I feel like comic books could be something that have drastically taken a change. Superhero stories started out as modern day mythologies with the same larger than life style characters. With Into the Spiderverse we saw Miles owning Spider-Man comics that were effectively identical to what we'd have today, but they were biographical. I could see something similar happening to Scions who got big enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post
            Depending on how visible you're putting your Divine I feel like comic books could be something that have drastically taken a change. Superhero stories started out as modern day mythologies with the same larger than life style characters. With Into the Spiderverse we saw Miles owning Spider-Man comics that were effectively identical to what we'd have today, but they were biographical. I could see something similar happening to Scions who got big enough.

Or, if we're talking about DC, the comics serve as windows to parallel universes.

What does this have to do with Scion, you might ask?

Well, imagine if the comic books followed the adventures of somebody inside a terra incognita?

Suddenly, your action packed comic books have taken on the role of a mythical news article!

Comment

• Wait! What the heck are fortune cookies like in Scion?

Comment

• Still as fake and artificial as ever?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                  Still as fake and artificial as ever?

You say that, but my dad once got a very, VERY relevant fortune cookie advice. Our whole table went silent for a few seconds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayashi View Post
                    So... Deifans are a thing, right? So I was thinking about a kind of social net/app that allows the Bands so inclined to change informations and updates among each others. Something like "We are at X doing Y and if other Scions would like to join us, pls shout/like!". Or maybe gather some kind of database about Titanspawn about their habits and weaknesses.

I think I would call it Band-it.
                    The Band-it must also show near by supernatural incidents, who participated, keep reviews of each Hero (given by previous band-mates) and keep tipical areas of action (like if a there is a hero for a specific community).

Pray Away - An app that show the multiple Temples, Shrines and Sacred places near you. You can filter by religion, see specific prays and rituals, check if there are supernatural stuff around it and even see reviews

Divino-pedia - A easy app to find information about multiple creatures, rituals, deities, history and eve images of multiple religions. (A variation might even have an image scanning functionality for special creatures, which could make it somewhat like a Pokedex for supernatural creatures.)
                    /* In a second thought, this second part might be an actual Relic. *//

Also, James Randy is an Incarnation of Odin that doesnt like fake prophets and psychics.

P.s.: I am terrible at naming. If someone have better ideas for naming apps, I appreciate suggestions.
                    Last edited by Manbat; 01-09-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X