Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Scion origins out? Confused as hell here...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Scion origins out? Confused as hell here...

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but is Scion origins actually out yet? I know I missed the Kickstarter, but is there I way I can get in on any of the early release stuff? I'm chomping at the bit for this series and have money I'd love to throw at it...

No, draft text was shared with backers. It’s not the formatted pdf with art yet.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      No, draft text was shared with backers. It’s not the formatted pdf with art yet.
      The draft of Hero 2e also got shared with backers.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I believe you can go to Backerkit to pre-order the books and then you'll be able to get the drafts of Origins and Hero that way.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Please excuse me if this is something of a faux pas to just say outright but I'm pretty hesitant to "pre-order" a book that is creeping up on a year overdue (edit: on the KS page anyway, sorry, just noticed that the estimate on the Backerkit page is October '17 which is still out of date), considering that I haven't found a single public update about the delay? I'm assuming the backers have been receiving some sort of news but it's honestly a little weird and off-putting for someone just coming in.

Unless I am just incredibly blind and missing something obvious...?
          Last edited by Mister Wizard; 04-27-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Us backers have the no-frills no-art version right now and I think it will definitely be worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wizard View Post
              Please excuse me if this is something of a faux pas to just say outright but I'm pretty hesitant to "pre-order" a book that is creeping up on a year overdue (edit: on the KS page anyway, sorry, just noticed that the estimate on the Backerkit page is October '17 which is still out of date), considering that I haven't found a single public update about the delay? I'm assuming the backers have been receiving some sort of news but it's honestly a little weird and off-putting for someone just coming in.

Unless I am just incredibly blind and missing something obvious...?
              Kickstarter estimates have always been just that: Estimates. There have been near-monthly updates along the way for the Kickstarter backers informing us about the status and the progress along the way.

Also, just a year off from original estimates? I backed the Exalted Kickstarter. That was a REAL fustercluck.

Edit: Also, while the Backerkit may not officially say "Sorry about the delay" there have been regular progress reports via the OPP Monday Meeting Notes, in addition to the KS updates.

What I'm trying to say is that communication and engagement between the creative team and the fans has been great
              Last edited by Kyman201; 04-28-2018, 08:42 AM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                What I'm trying to say is that communication and engagement between the creative team and the fans has been great
                To be fair, I think it's more that communication with the backers has been good. (I wouldn't say great -- there was a 2-3 month gap where I was going "...and what's happening next?") The Monday Meeting Notes have been fairly sparse and kind of unhelpful for people who don't have the backer update side of the story. So I can see the frustration. I don't think it warrants suspicion, but I don't know that I'd be wanting to pre-order something at this point. Once I missed the Kickstarter, I'd at least be waiting until a firm-ish street date had been announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike McCall View Post

To be fair, I think it's more that communication with the backers has been good. (I wouldn't say great -- there was a 2-3 month gap where I was going "...and what's happening next?&quot The Monday Meeting Notes have been fairly sparse and kind of unhelpful for people who don't have the backer update side of the story. So I can see the frustration. I don't think it warrants suspicion, but I don't know that I'd be wanting to pre-order something at this point. Once I missed the Kickstarter, I'd at least be waiting until a firm-ish street date had been announced.
                  Okay, put that way.

Comment

I'll still wait until there's an actual book. I don't care about the art, but I'll wait for rules and text that have been polished a bit more.

I am looking forward to Scion 2e, though. For all its rules-roughness in places, Scion 1e gave me the best campaign of my life.

Dean Shomshak

Comment

Working...
                    X