Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pardon my derp, got a few questions on the hero 2e rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon my derp, got a few questions on the hero 2e rules.

I'm making my way through the manuscript and I have some questions.

Do characters only receive the fate bindings listed in their role description?

Do paths have ratings? Is it possible to aquire more than three?

What mechanical effect do virtues have?

Can you aquire additional innate perviews?

When can you switch out which of your known knacks are active and which arnt?

are the two starting boons you get in addition to the boons listed In the "what legend gives you" chart in the traits section?
    Last edited by thecosmicgoose; 04-23-2018, 03:01 PM. Reason: Thought of more questions

Originally posted by thecosmicgoose View Post
    I'm making my way through the manuscript and I have some questions.

Do characters only receive the fate bindings listed in their role description?

Do paths have ratings? Is it possible to aquire more than three?

What mechanical effect do virtues have?

Can you aquire additional innate perviews?

When can you switch out which of your known knacks are active and which arnt?

are the two starting boons you get in addition to the boons listed In the "what legend gives you" chart in the traits section?
    1. Good Question. I would consider them suggestions but not hard rules.

2. No, they do not have ratings, but you can have as many as you can narratively justify.

3. When at either end of the Track, you gain additional dice while spending Momentum to add dice to a roll.

4. Not at Hero, no.

5. Normally at the beginning of every session, but there is an optional rule suggested that lets you 'fill them in' so to speak during the session as you need them, provided you don't change them after that.

6. The Legend-Boon chart is off by one... your total number of Boons = Legend + 1.

Comment

Also, there's been quite a few questions asked on the Discord. Here, I've been collecting a few of them.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X