Muisca Pantheon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muisca Pantheon

Has anyone looked into the Muisca Pantheon of the Andes as a potential pantheon for the game? They seem like they have a lot of potential. Wikipedia's page on them is actually very detailed, though it's Wikipedia so I have no idea how accurate any of it is. It would be cool to have them as another pantheon for the ever-under-represented South America, in addition to the Inca, Guarani and (hopefully) Mapuche, though I've actually found more info on them than I have for the Mapuche (at least in English). What do you guys think? ​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muisca_religion

Interesting!

Any idea on the degree of cultural exchange going on with the Inca? I find the pantheon being ruled by a married Sun god and Moon goddess noteworthy given that they're also in the Andes - but then "sky fathers" are obviously common in the Ancient Near East without meaning that all the pantheons are so similar that they should be mantles of the same deities.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I honestly have no idea, though I suspect it's probably a sky father/Coyote style issue. The Andes are a pretty massive place, and I know they have way more cultural diversity than just the Inca. No pantheon is wholely isolated though, so I'm sure there's a common root somewhere. So, maybe? I'd love to research these guys more but information is still pretty scarce.

Comment

Working...
      X