List of Titans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Titans?

Would someone who has access to the draft of the first ten pantheon write-ups be willing to list all the Titans?

Prometheus, Surtr, Ravana, Fujin, Raijin, Nezumo, Ae-pungishimook, Apep, Isfet, Aten, Ao Guang, the White Eyebrow, Coyolxauhqui, the eldest Centzonhuitznaua and Tzitzimime, Cronus, Phoebe, Typhon, Rhea, Balor, Bres, Crom Cruach, Domnu, Elatha

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Thanks! No Fenrir or Jormungandr?

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
        They are technology titanspawn me thinks

Comment

Who are Nezumo and the White Eyebrow?

Comment

Have you seen the movies kill bill?
            The old chinese martial art teacher (Pai Mei i think he is called) is either inspired by White Eyebrow or literally is White Eyebrow. I cant remember if he is in the first or the second film tho.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
            Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
            Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post

Have you seen the movies kill bill?
              The old chinese martial art teacher (Pai Mei i think he is called) is either inspired by White Eyebrow or literally is White Eyebrow. I cant remember if he is in the first or the second film tho.

So we can take him down with some food poisoning?

Also, not sure how I feel about Raijin being changed from God to Titan status.

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

They are technology titanspawn me thinks

Oh hell... they're not trying to pull a God Machine spin on this, are they?

Because I got interested in Scion so I could fight literal world eating monsters, not metaphorical ones!
              Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-08-2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                Strange indeed. Then again, he’s even less of a ‘greater’ god in his Korean/Chinese Taoist versions, and closer in role to a Greek daimon, so it’s not that surprising.

Oh hell... they're not trying to pull a God Machine spin on this, are they?

Because I got interested in Scion so I could fight literal world eating monsters, not metaphorical ones!
                I’m pretty sure that’s autocorrect eating up the word ‘technically,’ not an invitation for you to once again express your continued displeasure towards certain products you’ll never bother to give a fair reading in the foreseeable future. (Unless said autocorrect is the God-Machine’s doing, in which case things get interesting)

On a distantly related side note; I remember hearing something about Logos, Titan of Order, back when I wasn’t that much interested in Scion. Is he still around?

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

Raijin is a really great Titan, it's never been super clear why 1e made him a God even. He is a super-antagonistic figure who, along with his brother, was a Pantheon-sized problem that threatened all of Japan requiring the intervention of Kannon, the Japanese Buddhist reflection of Guanyin (or more aptly the figure that Guanyin is based on but I can't remember their name right now) to deal with by converting both of the Storm Oni brothers. Even after this conversion, and theoretically becoming calm, Raijin still preys on mortals, tearing out their belly buttons with his teeth that happens to have the side effect of, you know, disemboweling them. On top of this, just like 21C mentions, he's not really worshiped or venerated.

Raijin has all the major 'Titan' signs. Antagonistic to the Pantheon, Consumed by their Purview, Not-Worshiped, Antagonistic to the Mortals, Needs to be Imprisoned (in his conversion). The Kami already have a really cool Storm Kami in Takemikazuchi, so they're not really losing anything.

Comment

Maybe. There's a bit in the Hero text that treats Fenrir as a Titan, used as an example of the Titans loosening their chains, but nothing else.

Nezumo's a giant fish that causes earthquakes.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

Raijin still preys on mortals, tearing out their belly buttons with his teeth that happens to have the side effect of, you know, disemboweling them.

Oh, come on. If minor crimes like disemboweling and cannibalism are enough to get him labeled as a Titan, then I expect everyone in the Atzlanti (with the exception of Quetzacotl) to be classified as such, too!

From what I understand, Raijin only eats stomachs when he's in a bad mood. The Aztecs demanded human sacrifices on a nearly constant basis and claimed that it was necessary for the World's continued existence.

They sound less like revered Gods and more like arrogant monsters, who will justify any mehods to maintain their power.

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post

I’m pretty sure that’s autocorrect eating up the word ‘technically,’ not an invitation for you to once again express your continued displeasure towards certain products you’ll never bother to give a fair reading in the foreseeable future. (Unless said autocorrect is the God-Machine’s doing, in which case things get interesting)

It was more like me voicing my concerns, since I have been mostly excited for 2nd edition, until I read the previous quote.

If it was a simple typo, then that would ease my fears.

Not sure why auto correct would confuse an actual word for a different one, though.
                      Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-09-2018, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Oh, come on. If minor crimes like disemboweling and cannibalism are enough to get him labeled as a Titan, then I expect everyone in the Atzlanti (with the exception of Quetzacotl) to be classified as such, too!

From what I understand, Raijin only eats stomachs when he's in a bad mood. The Aztecs demanded human sacrifices on a nearly constant basis and claimed that it was necessary for the World's continued existence.
                        Yes, and as per their mythology they were absolutely right... The World really will end unless the Teotl recieve regular sacrifice. There's no particular reason Raijin does what he does beyond malice, whereas the Aztec gods are amongst the most dedicated to their people's well being... They take care to repay their people's sacrifice by keeping the World running, and are up there with the Deva for how much they focus on their worshippers wellbeing... To the point that their PSP is dedicated to just that and even has a Boon literally called 'Repay the Debt'.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                          They take care to repay their people's sacrifice by keeping the World running, and are up there with the Deva for how much they focus on their worshippers wellbeing... To the point that their PSP is dedicated to just that and even has a Boon literally called 'Repay the Debt'.
                          I saw someone note that for the Teotl (the 2e name for the Aztec Gods), the sun burning out from a lack of sacrifice won't be more than maybe an inconvenience to the Gods. They just need to get a new Sun and ignite it, no big.

It WOULD, however, be devastating for their worshippers due to the whole 'Not Having A Sun'. The Teotl don't keep the sun going for THEIR sake, they keep it going for the sake of their followers. The hearts offered are a brutal-yet-necessary price to keep the universe operating properly for them. IIRC, there's also lines about how those who ARE sacrificed get to go to the Good Heaven to be rewarded for helping keep the Sun lit. They get to become hummingbird-winged immortal warriors and fight off demons, it's awesome.

Also, Nyrufa let me just say that the 1e writeup for the Atzlanti kinda... Um... Sucked. Like, hardcore "Written by a 2Edge Writer" sucked. It was a terrible writeup that focused on the brutal and bloodthirsty aspects of the Pantheon to the point where any sane reader would wonder who in their right mind would worship these psychopaths.

Comparing the Atzlanti 1e Writeup to the 2e Teotl Writeup is Night and Day. Or "Sun Still Working" vs "Whoops Didn't Get Enough Sacrifice"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                            I saw someone note that for the Teotl (the 2e name for the Aztec Gods), the sun burning out from a lack of sacrifice won't be more than maybe an inconvenience to the Gods. They just need to get a new Sun and ignite it, no big.

Sounds kind of like a story I once wrote where the forces of nature manage to prevent the sun from going super nova by crowning a younger, healthier celestial spirit to revitalize its diminishing power.

Comment

Working...
                            X