Pro Wrestling in Scion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Wrestling in Scion

I pre-ordered Scion and while waiting for it's release i thought up a Storyline involving pro wrestling. Though this has me wondering, what would pro wrestling be like in a world where Myth and the Gods of old exist and how could it make for interesting adventures gor Scions?

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
    I pre-ordered Scion and while waiting for it's release i thought up a Storyline involving pro wrestling. Though this has me wondering, what would pro wrestling be like in a world where Myth and the Gods of old exist and how could it make for interesting adventures gor Scions?
    I could definitely see a WWE-like organization existing that is made up of nothing but Scions and other creatures of Legend. With divine powers in the mix, the violence could be very real, just not geared toward killing or maiming anyone.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Shot live from the Colosseum, where the same events were held thousands of years ago.

Comment

A pro werestling show dedicated to the Greco-Roman gods in the Colosseum sounds pretty cool. I wonder what other parthenons would enjoy seeing people get their heads bashed by chairs or powerslammed through tables in a show dedicated to them?
        Last edited by Killerclown; 05-17-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

A pro werestling show dedicated to the Greco-Roman gods in the Colosseum sounds pretty cool. I wonder what other parthenons would enjoy seeing people get their heads bashed by chairs or powerslammed through tables in a show dedicated to them?

The Aesir and the Tuatha are always up for a good scrap, so they'd probably love being involved. The Orisha seem to really appreciate good fighters and athletes, so I could see them being interested. The Teotl love a good fight too, and this kind of entertainment would be somewhat similar to ritual forms of combat they practiced back in the day, just without the whole "sacrifice the losing team at the end" thing. The Manitou don't seem to be a particularly warlike Pantheon, but as I understand it, a lot of Native American tribes were quite fond of forms of warfare that didn't necessarily result in death. The Shen and the Kami are both quite fond of displays of martial arts prowess. I could see Scions of Takemikazuchi being quite fond of bringing sumo wrestling to the sport. I'm sure the Netjer and the Deva would have their own warriors who'd like to be involved too.

You can pretty much make a case that just about any of the Pantheons would have at least some interest in being involved. Pantheon pride, if nothing else.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Consider: Scion Luchadores

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Actually, Scion Luchadores was the first thing i thought up of when i pictured Scion pro wrestlers. I can totally see the Aztec scions being involved in this kind of sport. Good suggestions with the other pantheons unnatural. My idea for the promotion itself is that the non-scion wrestlers and the Scion and Mythical monsters are put in two categories. Normal is called Face or Heel, Mythical and Divine are called Mega Face or Mega Heels. Megas and normals usually don't wrestle each other unless it is a tag team match. Though, i do wonder what would keep a scion from accidentally killing a normal human wrestler in a match?
              Last edited by Killerclown; 05-17-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Though, i do wonder what would keep a scion from accidentally killing a normal human wrestler in a match?
                Career suicide due to an obvious lack of self-control?

Granted I can see a lot of fun events and matches. Like a bunch of Faces join forces to beat Dark Mirror, a Mega Heel Scion of Tezcatlipoca (Ironically the wrestler himself is a swell dude, he just plays up his stage persona) in a match called "Defying the Mountain" or something.

Or a bunch of Heels take out some Faces, brag to the audience about how it's THEIR ring now, but then who should arrive but the Mega Face Olympus, Scion of Zeus, here to save the day.

The tickets would sell like mad.
                Last edited by Kyman201; 05-20-2018, 05:40 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Good suggestions. Also, now i am picturing this Olympus character later getting ambushed by a heel wrestler whose gimmick is that of a feral man. One other i had is for the faces and heels to be part of two different factions where the mega wrestlers act like the leaders. I wonder what would be fitting faction names for both the face and heel factions?

Comment

Lucha Underground is, to me, basically a live-action character generator for Scion.

Comment

Great. Now I want to watch Pro Wrestling again. I thought I'd gotten that monkey off my back in the 90s. Thanks a lot, Scion-forum-I-usually-only-lurk-in. Seriously, thanks. I looked up Lucha Underground and it's almost bursting at the seams with drama and over the top theatrics, which is cool in my book. (I even broke out my copy of Mexico City by Night just to reminisce about the vampire luchadors. Good times.)

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                      - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                      (She/Her)

Comment

(Here is a link to what part of wrestling i am about to talk about in case you don't know what it is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manage...onal_wrestling))

Another idea for this promotion is that there are 10 managers, five heel and five face. The heels managers often play dirty to help their clients win, regardless if their opponents a regular face or a mega-face. Regardless of alignment, if a manager is given a mega wrestler as a client, there is a good chance that they will be under direct pressure to make them winners, mostly from fear of getting struck down by that scion's parent if they fail, especially if they are Theoi. But, a heel manager has a even bigger risk, pissing off the Scion themselves. Because, Heel managers often interfere in matches to help their clients win when the official is not looking. If the Scion catches them or if the scion wins, you can fill in the blanks what the scion can do to them. Though, i do wonder what kind of non-lethal temporary punishments Scions from different pantheons can dish up for a interfering manager, besides a beating?

Comment

Now i am wondering what a Scion of Coyote would be like as a pro wrestler.

Comment

Now i am wondering what a Scion of Coyote would be like as a pro wrestler.
                            Like Ric Flair in his prime, the heel who will pull out every dirty trick in the book (and some that aren't) to win, and is still loved for it. And who has absolutely no reservations of doing what Shawn Michaels did to Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam '05 if you piss him off.

Pro-wrestling is apparently a growing thing in India as well. Also has a fairly big following in the UK. As far as Pantheons, the various Celtic ones, the Aesir, the Greco-Romans, the Kami and the Aztecs would be the really big ones, I think. Probably also the Polynesian/Samoans.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

Like Ric Flair in his prime, the heel who will pull out every dirty trick in the book (and some that aren't) to win, and is still loved for it. And who has absolutely no reservations of doing what Shawn Michaels did to Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam '05 if you piss him off.

Pro-wrestling is apparently a growing thing in India as well. Also has a fairly big following in the UK. As far as Pantheons, the various Celtic ones, the Aesir, the Greco-Romans, the Kami and the Aztecs would be the really big ones, I think. Probably also the Polynesian/Samoans.
                              Considering the culture, Eddie Guerrero (RIP) would be a great example as well. Eddie's cheating was meant to be funny, charming, and just flat-out entertaining. I could see s Scion of Coyote taking a similar approach.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Working...
                              X