No announcement yet.

The Šiuneš - The Pantheon of the Hittite Empire 2e Homebrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And hey, I want my Havea Hikule'o, so maybe I can have hope! (Though honestly, I've become more and more convinced of the idea of a multiplicity of Polynesian pantheons instead of one the more I've thought and read on it. Even knowing basically nothing on Central Polynesian beliefs, I really do think Hawai'i, Aotearoa, and Western Polynesia could each have a full-fledged pantheon, and that's without mentioning smaller outliers like Rapanui or Niue.)

Comment

In your opinion,do the Siunesh Spin of Incarnations to experience the world as mortals less than the other gods do so?Can they do things like drive cars,command armies and advice heroes without being discussed with "the lowly actions"?
      Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-04-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        In your opinion,do the Siunesh Spin of Incarnations to experience the world as mortals less than the other gods do so?Can they do things like drive cars,command armies and advice heroes without being discussed with "the lowly actions"?
        They could spin off Incarnations if they felt like it, but probably do this incredibly rarely, like, maybe once every thousand years sort of rare. The Shiunesh have a trick where they stand slightly out of phase with reality, allowing them to exist in The World but not be directly affected by Fatebinding issues, but unable to directly interact with The World. So, they don't really need to Incarnate, they are here in The World, wandering around, watching, and interceding when properly called upon.

They absolutely could advise Heroes, but most of those things are beneath them and they leave to mortals. Armies are commanded by the King of Hatti who is accompanied by the host of War Gods who travel 'out-of-phase' with the king, not by the Gods themselves. Doing stuff for themselves is something they wouldn't be particularly keen on.

Scion 2e Homebrew Projects:
        The Šiuneš, the Pantheon of the Hittite Empire, The Enduri: the Pantheon of the Manchu Peoples, The Sgā’na Qeda’s: the Pantheon of the Haida First Nation, The Abosom: The Pantheon of the Ashanti, Lebor Óe In Dea: an Expansion for the Túatha Dé Danann.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

They could spin off Incarnations if they felt like it, but probably do this incredibly rarely, like, maybe once every thousand years sort of rare. The Shiunesh have a trick where they stand slightly out of phase with reality, allowing them to exist in The World but not be directly affected by Fatebinding issues, but unable to directly interact with The World. So, they don't really need to Incarnate, they are here in The World, wandering around, watching, and interceding when properly called upon.

They absolutely could advise Heroes, but most of those things are beneath them and they leave to mortals. Armies are commanded by the King of Hatti who is accompanied by the host of War Gods who travel 'out-of-phase' with the king, not by the Gods themselves. Doing stuff for themselves is something they wouldn't be particularly keen on.
          I can imagine the Theoi,especially Apollo being like
          "Can you believe those guys? I mean i'm fully aware we're jerks,but at least i get of my ass from time to time"

Comment

The whole thing with Sauska and Hedammu sounds like a D&D encounter gone amuck.

DM: An enormous, terrible, all-consuming, sea monster known as Hedammu emerges. What do you do?
            Sauska (The Bard): I will seduce the sea monster!
            DM: It's a sea monster. A kaiju. You can't just seduce it.
            Sauska: I will transform the entire sea into a love potion and seduce it!
            DM:...Fine. Roll for it.
            Sauska: (Gets Nat 20.)
            DM:...Alright. You seduce the sea monster. (Clasps hands and leans back in chair.) It turns out he's really into vore.

Comment

What would be the major differences between Kubaba and her later mantle as Kybele? I assume Kybele would have a higher legend and no longer be considered a minor deity. Are there any major changes to her story and her personality? Would any of her callings or purviews be different?

Comment

Originally posted by Wannabe Demon Lord View Post
                What would be the major differences between Kubaba and her later mantle as Kybele? I assume Kybele would have a higher legend and no longer be considered a minor deity. Are there any major changes to her story and her personality? Would any of her callings or purviews be different?
                Kybele is a super difficult case that I don't really know what to do with yet. Her "home" Pantheon, the Phrygians, are too ill-attested to deal with in detail. Most of what we know even about Kybele comes from the Greeks, who however already conflate her with Rhea. Then there's the straight line of development from Kubaba. It's really difficult to flesh out Kybele as a distinct character between all of this - I mean, she definitely is one, but I can't really get to her. So yeah, there is a completely different deity to be found in Kybele, one much more strongly associated with fury and castration, but I can't really describe her clearly at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X