No announcement yet.

The Šiuneš - The Pantheon of the Hittite Empire 2e Homebrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And hey, I want my Havea Hikule'o, so maybe I can have hope! (Though honestly, I've become more and more convinced of the idea of a multiplicity of Polynesian pantheons instead of one the more I've thought and read on it. Even knowing basically nothing on Central Polynesian beliefs, I really do think Hawai'i, Aotearoa, and Western Polynesia could each have a full-fledged pantheon, and that's without mentioning smaller outliers like Rapanui or Niue.)

Comment

In your opinion,do the Siunesh Spin of Incarnations to experience the world as mortals less than the other gods do so?Can they do things like drive cars,command armies and advice heroes without being discussed with "the lowly actions"?
      Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 08-04-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        In your opinion,do the Siunesh Spin of Incarnations to experience the world as mortals less than the other gods do so?Can they do things like drive cars,command armies and advice heroes without being discussed with "the lowly actions"?
        They could spin off Incarnations if they felt like it, but probably do this incredibly rarely, like, maybe once every thousand years sort of rare. The Shiunesh have a trick where they stand slightly out of phase with reality, allowing them to exist in The World but not be directly affected by Fatebinding issues, but unable to directly interact with The World. So, they don't really need to Incarnate, they are here in The World, wandering around, watching, and interceding when properly called upon.

They absolutely could advise Heroes, but most of those things are beneath them and they leave to mortals. Armies are commanded by the King of Hatti who is accompanied by the host of War Gods who travel 'out-of-phase' with the king, not by the Gods themselves. Doing stuff for themselves is something they wouldn't be particularly keen on.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcher View Post

They could spin off Incarnations if they felt like it, but probably do this incredibly rarely, like, maybe once every thousand years sort of rare. The Shiunesh have a trick where they stand slightly out of phase with reality, allowing them to exist in The World but not be directly affected by Fatebinding issues, but unable to directly interact with The World. So, they don't really need to Incarnate, they are here in The World, wandering around, watching, and interceding when properly called upon.

They absolutely could advise Heroes, but most of those things are beneath them and they leave to mortals. Armies are commanded by the King of Hatti who is accompanied by the host of War Gods who travel 'out-of-phase' with the king, not by the Gods themselves. Doing stuff for themselves is something they wouldn't be particularly keen on.
          I can imagine the Theoi,especially Apollo being like
          "Can you believe those guys? I mean i'm fully aware we're jerks,but at least i get of my ass from time to time"

Comment

Working...
          X