Origin Level play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Actually, I just realized something regarding Origin level characters. Since it's been revealed that Scions don't have to be exclusively humans anymore, but rather anything carrying the essence of divinity can become one, how exactly does this work for mythical creatures that become Scions?
    While they might consciously know of their divine heritage - and be exposed to magic beforehand - nothing really forces their minds, bones to blood to brain, to accept their identity as a child of a God. Their parents, or the representatives of such, come bearing Birthrights.

Kyman's got the right of it - it's sort of a moment of self-realization, grasping the narrative structure of Fate and your own place in it, seeing yourself as a character in your own story. Stepping outside yourself for a moment. There will be more on this in Demigod.

Neall Raemonn Price
    Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
      While they might consciously know of their divine heritage - and be exposed to magic beforehand - nothing really forces their minds, bones to blood to brain, to accept their identity as a child of a God. Their parents, or the representatives of such, come bearing Birthrights.

Kyman's got the right of it - it's sort of a moment of self-realization, grasping the narrative structure of Fate and your own place in it, seeing yourself as a character in your own story. Stepping outside yourself for a moment. There will be more on this in Demigod.

Hmm, I was under the impression that once they learn about their heritage, that's when it happened.

But everyone's saying that's not strictly the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Hmm, I was under the impression that once they learn about their heritage, that's when it happened.

But everyone's saying that's not strictly the case here.
        An understandable conclusion. I think of it like this.

You may know in your mind. But the Visitation is when you Know in your spirit or soul.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X