Asian Pantheons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    [*]Death by Teacup: ANY item you get in your hand can be as effective as a professional weapon. Kill someone with a mop, be unstoppable.
    I think us old folks used to call that the Jackie Chan Power. 👴

And now I kinda want to play a character who aspires to become the god of breaking faces.

I think if I was making a list for Asia, after the big three, it'd be something like: Persia, Mongolia, Thai, Korea, Tibet, Vietnam, Siberia, and then a bunch of others. 🤔

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      I think if I was making a list for Asia, after the big three, it'd be something like: Persia, Mongolia, Thai, Korea, Tibet, Vietnam, Siberia, and then a bunch of others. 🤔
      Good news! The Persian Pantheon (the Yazata) are going to be in the Companion

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Have a gorgon archer, something I couldn't play as in the first edition of the game.

http://thrythlind.blogspot.com/2018/...d-edition.html
        http://thrythlind.blogspot.com/2018/...d-edition.html

As a note, I use the Hunter and Guardian callings in this character (those appear on the second link where I advance her past origin) in the close to the most stereotypical way by looking at them as the ranger/wild hunter person and the one who stands in protection of people as a physical guardian.

I could have instead framed Hunter as a detective since the focus of those knacks is mostly on seeking information and doesn't necessarily have to do with the wild. Just like the Lover can be someone that focuses intensely on deep platonic connections. Or a performer who focuses on the distant but intense relationship between themselves and their fans.

The Leader could be the politician or military leader as normal. Or they could be the kindly matron or grandmother giving out advice in folk-talesy stories.

The Guardian could be the physical Guardian or the defense lawyer or the white hat hacker.

The Trickster could be the traditional Loki style mischief maker or it could be the cunning strategist similar to Zhuge Liang or a "Just one more thing" Colombo style detective. MacGuyver would also be a good candidate for a Trickster. It just means someone who thinks outside the box.

The callings name base to the more stereotyped ideas, but really they can cut deep to more raw concepts.
        Last edited by Thrythlind; 06-09-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X