Ask a question, get an answer: Scion Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmperorClydeIV View Post
    Question : You can buy extra Knacks, but you can only use a number of Knack equal to your Calling dots. But how do you manage which Knacks are "used" and which are not?

Does the player need to "equip" a set of Knacks at the start of the session and is stuck with this choice until the next session? How often do you let your players swap out their set of Knacks? Is there a cost associated?

Maybe I missed this information. If it's not specified, how do you manage this in your game?
    The way we have been playing it is to handle that as a part of the 'tweaking' that can be done between play sessions. I believe Scion: Origins refers to being able to swap in a new Knack that you have purchased so we assumed that would apply for picking which Knacks are available for your character.

Comment

• Yeah, you can swap your knacks between sessions.

A few GMs don't like making their players thinking they should know perfectly what they'll need, so many of them set it up so that you basically have blank slots and can assign them when you need it, but once you do that they're set for the rest of the session.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Do you get the Innate Power for any purview you have access to, whether innate or channeled through a relic or guide, or only from innate Purviews?

Comment

• Originally posted by BacchicOne View Post
          Do you get the Innate Power for any purview you have access to, whether innate or channeled through a relic or guide, or only from innate Purviews?
          Any Purview you have access do. If you can perform a Marvel from it, you have the innate power (so always if the Purview is inherent, but you can lose it if it’s tied a Relic you lose possession of, or if you fall out with your Guide).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
          X