Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a question, get an answer: Scion Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by guang View Post
    Excellent. Why include a story element if it makes only minimal difference. So if, for example, all PCs are V20 vampires in the World of Darkness, but (non-PC) visited Scions exist in their world, what changes neccessarily must happen to the setting?
    I imagine all the deities of death and their Scions would be really interested in how the undead presence got this much out of hand.

    Since you mention CtL, I imagine by World of Darkness you were conflating WoD and CofD? For the latter, people already know or suspect the supernatural is out there, somwhat like in Scion 2E. It just happens that most of it wants to eat you alive, so most people forget about it and move on. I don’t think adding Scions would be much different.


    MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

    Comment


    • #92
      Hey, I'm running my games like I do and something struck me while passing out Experience on Sunday... what, exactly, is a story Milestone. I did a doc-search and found nothing. A little help for this gnome?


      Call Me Ray.

      Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

      Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Gnomish American View Post
        Hey, I'm running my games like I do and something struck me while passing out Experience on Sunday... what, exactly, is a story Milestone. I did a doc-search and found nothing. A little help for this gnome?
        Personally I'd say a story milestone is when the players make a decent step of progress into the story.

        Like If say the musical talent of people in a city are vanishing and your players discover a ritual site that's collecting the talent, that would be a milestone. The whole quest isn't over yet, you still need Why and Who and to undo it, but you found the What, and that's a step closer to solving the whole thing


        Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

        Comment


        • #94
          Me and my group are very confused by what we're supposed to do with contacts.

          The manual says:
          character gains two points per invocation to use to
          create her Contacts. She can spend these dots on either
          gaining additional Contacts, or making a single Contact
          better. Each Contact begins with one dot and one tag (see
          list of suggested tags below; feel free to add your own special
          traits depending on your needs). Each additional point
          placed in a single Contact adds either an additional dot or
          an additional tag, and these points fade at the end of the
          session (or whenever the contact stops being relevant in the
          scene, whichever comes first).

          So how powerful your contact is depends on how many times you've invoked it? To "bring out the big guns" you have to invoke a more anemic version once beforehand? That can't be right.
          Also, if you use a contact, the scene ends, and later you invoke it again, do they "start" with just one dot? And you've stressed the connection anyway?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by PXGentleman View Post
            Me and my group are very confused by what we're supposed to do with contacts.

            The manual says:
            character gains two points per invocation to use to
            create her Contacts. She can spend these dots on either
            gaining additional Contacts, or making a single Contact
            better. Each Contact begins with one dot and one tag (see
            list of suggested tags below; feel free to add your own special
            traits depending on your needs). Each additional point
            placed in a single Contact adds either an additional dot or
            an additional tag, and these points fade at the end of the
            session (or whenever the contact stops being relevant in the
            scene, whichever comes first).

            So how powerful your contact is depends on how many times you've invoked it? To "bring out the big guns" you have to invoke a more anemic version once beforehand? That can't be right.
            Also, if you use a contact, the scene ends, and later you invoke it again, do they "start" with just one dot? And you've stressed the connection anyway?
            If I were a Storyguide, I'd be okay with a PC double-tapping to cut straight to "Bring the big guns" for two Dots and gain the required Condition right off the bat.

            And if I were storyguide, the whole "What if it's a new scene, does the Contact go back to one dot?" would probably depend on any number of things, including what they're being called in for and how much time has passed between the scenes.


            Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

            Comment


            • #96
              Im wondering, is there a reason why both a healing preview and Healer Calling is necessary. Like what can you do that is needed to have these things be separate. Like why not have it be one Calling or Purview. Just curious to see if anyone has any thoughts on it


              .

              Comment


              • #97
                Am I missing it, or is there no Riastadt power currently in War, any of the Epic Attribute Purviews, or Geas?

                If it ends up being a demigod level power, i’m totally cool with that, just want to make sure i’m not missing it (and hopefully that it shows up eventually)


                Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                  Am I missing it, or is there no Riastadt power currently in War, any of the Epic Attribute Purviews, or Geas?

                  If it ends up being a demigod level power, i’m totally cool with that, just want to make sure i’m not missing it (and hopefully that it shows up eventually)
                  Neall has talked the Ríastrad on the Discord in passing as a potential Warrior Knack unique to Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann before, though it has not been published as of this moment. (I would also suggest that it is related somehow to a Fomorian Ancestry Origin Path of some sort due to the various motifs invoked with the various bodily features and the unique nature of it to CúChulainn)

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Watcher View Post

                    Neall has talked the Ríastrad on the Discord in passing as a potential Warrior Knack unique to Scions of the Túatha Dé Danann before, though it has not been published as of this moment. (I would also suggest that it is related somehow to a Fomorian Ancestry Origin Path of some sort due to the various motifs invoked with the various bodily features and the unique nature of it to CúChulainn)
                    Given what it does, I was thinking of it letting you stack a few Boons with Visage Great and Terrible so you can unleash them together as though they’re a single effect.


                    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                    Comment


                    • Powers related famine and poverty would be covered by the famine and prosperity Purviews, right?

                      I’m thinking of applying the same logic as the Beast Passion and Artistry Purviews - in return to restricting effects only to the negative, the character gets a new Approach.


                      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        Given what it does, I was thinking of it letting you stack a few Boons with Visage Great and Terrible so you can unleash them together as though they’re a single effect.
                        I wouldn't necessarily connect it to Boons in the same way that 1e did, that was mostly a failure to understand the Ríastrad and read everything it stated in the most literal of senses entirely devoid of any actual understanding of the meaning of the text. For instance, the fire motif that crops up in the Ríastrad has nothing to do with fire, it has to do with a early medieval medical theory that related Heat and Cold to Masculinity and Femininity. You can see this use of heat to represent extreme masculinity in Fergus mac Roich, as well as the the earliest form of Sir Kay we see in... The Lady of the Fountain IIRC?

                        The only described benefits of CúChulainn's Ríastrad is becoming physically monstrous (I will note, this doesn't bother anyone in the Sagas so I would probably not give it any Fear related features) in a very body-horror way, not a Hulking-Out sort of way. CúChulainn's strength seems to be augmented in this state (see: Fled Bricrenn) and nothing else seems to be. It is also closely related to failure, CúChulainn manifests the ability when he has failed, possibly having some sort of connection to shame which we see in other areas can cause disfigurement.

                        Comment


                        • Do we have any confirmation of the pantheons that will be described in Hero?

                          I remember reading somewhere that we'd get extras on top of the ones in Origins. Or did I imagine that?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Solar Lantern View Post
                            Do we have any confirmation of the pantheons that will be described in Hero?

                            I remember reading somewhere that we'd get extras on top of the ones in Origins. Or did I imagine that?
                            You imagined that. The 10 Pantheons given diety lists in Origins get full write ups in Hero.

                            There are also 4 Pantheons coming in the Companion

                            - the Yazata (Zoroastrian holy beings of Persia)
                            - Nemetondevos (the utterly destroyed Gaulish pantheon with potential to resurrect)
                            - Loa (the New World counterparts of the Orisha)
                            - Atlanteans (as an example of making your own fictional pantheon)

                            After that, the next official addition of new Pantheons will be the Demigod book. No finalized list there though the Anunna (Mesopotamian) and Bogovi (Slavic Russian) are the two safest bets.
                            Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-18-2018, 06:08 PM.


                            Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X