This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion: Origin errata thread

Scion Book 1: Origin is about to go out to backers. Please report any errata you encounter while reading.

Please note this thread is only for errata. Typos, incorrect math, page elements that overlap incorrectly, etc. This is not for book discussion. Please take discussion of the book to a different thread. Thank you.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager

First thing I'm noticing is a weird font glitch, which may be on my end, not sure: Teotl is being consistently rendered as Te tl. Other words that that sequence of letters are fine- Teotihuacan isn't missing the o, for example.

Leather jacket still just has an "Armored" tag, though there is a note in the armor tag paragraph that all the armor tags are 'armored'. Is the idea that you just get to pick whether it's hard 1 or soft 1?

Last edited by unseenlibrarian; 07-11-2018, 10:49 PM. Reason: Adding more.

Comment

p. 178: "Abilities are divided into three Arenas and Approaches but are otherwise similar." -- From context, this is probably meant to be Attributes.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup, a podcast about destroying the things you love by giving them away

Comment

Page 43 of the book has an odd glitch with the Teotl missing the letter “o”. In the section on Mexico City, regarding axes mundi

Comment

The term "Feat of Scale" appears under Throwing on p. 118, but is never defined. (As far as I can see, that's the only occurrence in the book.)

Comment

Page 21. I'm not sure if this is actually wrong but it reads funny.

For some, it stops there — culture heroes of great Deeds, but still ultimately mortal.
            culture heroes of great deeds? It seems like someone accidentally a word.

Comment

Also on page 62-63, chapter 2: On the Storypath system has a test artifact “the players character should choose a favored approach (pg.XX)”. You might wish to correct this, as it looks out of place

Comment

Jetstream I think they mean “great cultural heroes” or “heroes of great cultural deeds”

Comment

On the table of content in the section Appendix 2: Pantheons. It is written ''The YorUbA Pantheon''.
                  I dont know if the upper cases a supposed to be there?

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                  Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
                  Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

The sidebar on ANTAGONISTS AND VARIABLE STUNTS on page 116 uses two examples where neither of the stunts in question are variable; disarm is 2 successes and trip is 1 success. (Maybe change it to establish grapple and feint or shove?)

The damage stunt on the same page should probably clarify that it's 0 successes+ Soft armor, not just armor, since hard armor doesn't work the same way.

Comment

another textual artifact is found on page 99 regarding twists of fate, (Scion: Hero, Pg.XX).

Comment

pg. 167, second column, paragraph under Adjusting Supernatural Paths: it's still saying there should be one more Satyr path and one path reflecting being an animal instead of a human. These were leftovers from the beta script that others pointed out yet didn't get fixed. Either we're still missing two more alternate paths or these need nixed.

Comment

Originally posted by MagusRogue View Post
                          pg. 167, second column, paragraph under Adjusting Supernatural Paths: it's still saying there should be one more Satyr path and one path reflecting being an animal instead of a human. These were leftovers from the beta script that others pointed out yet didn't get fixed. Either we're still missing two more alternate paths or these need nixed.
                          yeah I was wondering about this too. Can confirm I’ve seen this section too

Comment

The Swat and MIB example antagonists still have "Stress" instead of Health.

Also, as written, the Inflict damage stunt doesn't affect antagonists: it mentions dealing injury conditions (Which antagonists don't suffer from explicitly.) Is there a line I'm maybe missing that out and out says "If you inflict an injury condition on an antagonist fill a box of health instead?" If not, that should probably be in the writeup for the stunt.

Comment

Freya still appears to be missing Beauty? Don't I remember the devs saying that she would have it? Strangely, her brother has it, though.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
                              Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Working...
                              X