Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pg. 65. Too Many Cooks sidebar. "Too much help tends to make the task more difficult, balancing out the additional sources of aid..." Should be "Too much help tends to make the task more easy, balancing out the additional sources of aid

Comment

Page 151, the Sorcery Without Heroism sidebar... It mentions a Plants Purview, which should probably be Wild.

Comment

P.117 lists Agility(Might) as the skill for Grapple.

Comment

I feel like I should mention that the "Page XX" notes are a known thing, last I heard, and very much deliberate. They'll put in numbers when the editing passes are done and they don't have to change the page numbers.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Artemis still doesn't have Wild?

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
            Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

P.117. Inflict Damage for Grapple and Ranged Attack doesn't mention armor, like Close Combat's Inflict Damage on P.116, which implies that armor isn't effective against Grapple and Ranged Attacks. It may be that Grapple's Inflict Damage does ignore armor (crushing the opponent inside their armor, etc)., in which case it should be specifically called out.

Comment

I am very confused by the decision to use They/Them pronouns with Loki on page 51 of Scion Hero, I mean yes Loki is a shapeshifter but as far as I am aware he has always been presented as a man who shapeshifted and not a they. Would it not be more appropriate to either use male pronouns for him?

Comment

Well-Tempered and Motorcycle Jacket both use the "Armored" tag, and its ambiguous as to what that means. (From context, I assume it to be Soft Armor). Well Tempered is also worded a bit weirdly, as the circumstantial bonus that stacks with armor only exists when you're not wearing Armor.

The Range table on p120 lists "Discipline" as the Combat Attribute for Long range.

The "Empty the Clip" stunt doesn't seem to be aware of the Ammunition Check rules later in the chapter. (It says you just flat run out of ammo, the Automatic Tag says you make successive Out of Ammo checks.)

Many movement options allow the use of Might or Dexterity, so some of the Pregens should have more movement dice.

Virtue rules are somewhat muddy. The sidebar on page 70 suggests that invoking a virtue can be done with any virtue-appropriate action and doesn't actually give any numbers as to what the bonus is. The rules on page 163 suggest you have to be end on a far end of the track to have the Virtuous Condiiton, in order to benefit from extra dice.

Comment

The text on Specialties is inconsistent; Page 97 (Character Creation) describes them as eligible for Skills with 3 or more dots and adding Enhancement 1 to rolls with other Skills; Page 59 (Skill Specialties sidebar) describes them as eligible for Skills with 4 or more dots and adding Enhancement 1 only to rolls with that same Skill (unless it would add up to more than Enhancement 3). In addition, it is unclear whether or not a character can have multiple Specialties in the same Skill.

Page 51; The non-sidebar text at the very end of Chapter One: The World is cut off, there's about half a paragraph missing after an incomplete sentence, compared to the Origins raw text preview. The sentence in question is "Two nations might be destined to go to war, and there’s nothing anybody can do about it — meddling just makes it worse, the way irritation in an oyster (...)".
                    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 07-12-2018, 09:09 AM.

Comment

In the Kami appendix on page 173 the entry for Satutahiko lists four Callings: Liminal, Lover, Sage and Warrior.

Comment

In the range bands table on page120, Long range uses the combat attribute Determination. A search in the entire file shows this is the only place where Determination is used. Should this be Resolve? The preview in January showed Medium as Dexterity or Cunning, and Long range as Cunning.

Edit: schizoPOP found this one first.
                        Edit 2: if you read the text, Long still uses Cunning. The table is wrong, but the text is not.
                        Last edited by Ashnak; 07-16-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Pg 11, end of first non-italics paragraph: "The World today is a very different place than the anything our ancestors could have conceived."

Edit: Same page, bottom right, "The World of
                          Legend exists alongside The world of humanity, creating
                          a continuous line from ancient to modern mythology."
                          Feel like either that T needs to be lower case or the w needs to be capitalized.
                          Last edited by MalicWanderer; 07-12-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Pg 83, Not so Fast sidebar: "flip back to p. XX"

Comment

Pg 178, ​"abilities or item or circumstances that grant even more successes" Should likely be "An item", or "items"

Comment

The sidebar on virtues is unclear as to how many bonus dice are received when spending momentum in the name of your virtues and the example just repeats the same information with a name attached to it.

Call Me Ray.

Southern Gothic - Welcome to New Calais

Who Wants to Live Forever – Highlander in the World of Darkness

Comment

Working...
                                X